Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2012 Jaguar XF

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

pitstop wrote: »

.....but she is still beautiful and I love her.

That's all that matters :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

When did you pick it up?

The XF 2.2 demo was only registered on Wednesday. About 2 hours before I had a customer for it and it couldn't be de-registered. Went for an Evoque instead.

Well wear.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I wasn't impressed - it seems mad! Especially in this climate that a main dealers cannot give you a new car if you pay for a new car. In hindsight, I probably should have walked away and found a dealer who was prepared to sell me exactly what I was paying for...

.....but she is still beautiful and I love her.

Pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

I promised I would return with an update. Although it's a while (and no one is probably interested!) but I just got my rather lovely Jaguar XF 2.2D.

To say it is beautiful is an understatement. I have never had so many comments for complete strangers. The engine is good, not as smooth, of course, as the 3.0 V8 but very quite for a diesel. The finish is outstanding - one niggle - MPG need to improve otherwise I will be complaining - way way off the listed MPGs.

I eventually bought at J&P - once I got to know and build up a relationship with the sales guy (who actually was not a Jag sales guy but did a great job) - he was every so helpful and great to inform on delivery date. I did put him through his paces by nearly changing our mind on the day!

BUT BUT BUT, J&P did give me a small heart attack. I arrived to give the car a once over - it was looking OK outside but INSIDE, it was covered in dirt! They explained that they had taken it to an agri show and would have it pristine when I came to pick it up the following day. Next day I arrived, did a once over - clean job was pretty good, one or two misses which the sales guy dealt with immediately and then.......my heart dropped as I saw a series of scrapes on the front wing, just where the light hit it. I was amazed. TBH, the sales guy was also amazed, they took it away to have a look, sales guy came back and said the polish helped but it was still there and they offered to send it to someone to do something that might leave a circular pattern on it (sorry, it did actually have a name but I have forgotten). So we talk some more - I think the sales guy was just as disappointed as me. I was pretty much decided that I was going to walk away and went and had a final look - but actually, the polish has worked and I could not see it at all - despite really trying so I decided to go ahead - I know, probably mad, but I was in love with it.

But I am amazed that they let the car out to a show - surely it's then ex demo not a new car...

So a small nightmare memory remains in what is really a wonderful experience.

Sorry - far too long, but needed to get that off my chest!

Pitsy..

Congratulations. The 12MY refresh looks soooo much better, especially around the front end.

What colour and spec did you opt for? And which wheels?

The 2.2 mpg will improve, give it about 2000miles. What mpg are you expecting? I think 45mpg is reasonable, but of course achieving quoted figures is very difficult in real world driving.

How's the wind noise? :p
    Check out the saw tooth shaped blade on the underfloor, the kick on the end of the bonnet (over the wipers) and the slender mirror stem. I worked on all 3 ;)

.......my heart dropped as I saw a series of scrapes on the front wing, just where the light hit it. I was amazed. TBH, the sales guy was also amazed, they took it away to have a look, sales guy came back and said the polish helped but it was still there and they offered to send it to someone to do something that might leave a circular pattern on it (sorry, it did actually have a name but I have forgotten). So we talk some more - I think the sales guy was just as disappointed as me. I was pretty much decided that I was going to walk away and went and had a final look - but actually, the polish has worked and I could not see it at all - despite really trying so I decided to go ahead - I know, probably mad, but I was in love with it.................

Happy motoring and all that but the above is a disgrace. If the paint on the Jag was actually damaged the polish may well end up a temporary job depending on what they actually did. If the scrapes were debris rather than paint damage than they are gone in fairness.

I'd be having that looked at and insisting on a respray if the paint is actually damaged, it might be too late though.

Potentially shocking customer service from them.

Not like them really, a friend bought a new disco off them a few years ago and finds them very very decent to deal with (warranty issues and beyond)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭J77

Stunning car!

How are you finding the 2.2 power-wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pitstop

Thanks all

So to answer questions...

ROR - I picked her up 2 weeks ago and she was registered that morning.

Pics to following - it is pouring here so perhaps tomorrow - regretting now that I didn't take some when I got her and she was polished.

I don't think there is wind noise - I would be quite sensitive to that. MPG is currenty 37, at 1000 miles, let's see what the next 1000 do. Being honest, I am not an economical driver so I would be at around 30 I think, my DH is the 50 mph guy who gets it back down!

Tons and Tons of power in her - I was worried about this but she is not in the least bit sluggish and the minute you accelerate she responds rapidly.

The finish is actually even better than I remembered - good attention to detail. The radio sound is astonishingly good - I worked in music for a while and did think about upgrading the sound system - but the sound system in her is adequate - the difference seems to be the acoustic due to the internal shape (purely coincidental but nevertheless sounds magnificent).

I got the 2.2 Luxury - I did think about Premium luxury but did really see the need quite - everything that was important to me was in the Luxury version.

On the scratch, I think they were presuming I would not take the car so I didn't push back and the sales guy was devastated - so they were pretty good - my only issue was that they took it to the show.

I have found so many excuses to go out and drive her - she drives so well, that you do tend to drive her fast - roadholding is phenomenal.

If I was to be picky, here you are....

Engine sounds very like a diesel at slow speeds.
    Stop/start kicks in very very quickly - sometimes as you tip the brake
    The curve in the doors mean that if you open the windows, the rain drops in - annoying.
    and the funniest issue - when you open the door and sit in, the door opens so wide that I have to stand one leg out to reach the door - it opens really really wide and this means you get wet when closing the door - I am only 5 ft 3 but I have never come across not being able to reach the door to close it before.

And special thanks must go to this initial thread - I only considered this car after reading this - otherwise I would have ended up with an audi which I didn't even like and now I have something I love - Big thanks from me!

Pitsy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Pitsy, lucky you. I wouldn't be impressed with the car being used as a demo. Keep this updated regularly on the 2.2 as I'd like to hear how it beds in.

What color combo and wheels did it come with?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Thanks all

So to answer questions...

ROR - I picked her up 2 weeks ago and she was registered that morning.

Pics to following - it is pouring here so perhaps tomorrow - regretting now that I didn't take some when I got her and she was polished.

I don't think there is wind noise - I would be quite sensitive to that. MPG is currenty 37, at 1000 miles, let's see what the next 1000 do. Being honest, I am not an economical driver so I would be at around 30 I think, my DH is the 50 mph guy who gets it back down!

Tons and Tons of power in her - I was worried about this but she is not in the least bit sluggish and the minute you accelerate she responds rapidly.

The finish is actually even better than I remembered - good attention to detail. The radio sound is astonishingly good - I worked in music for a while and did think about upgrading the sound system - but the sound system in her is adequate - the difference seems to be the acoustic due to the internal shape (purely coincidental but nevertheless sounds magnificent).

I got the 2.2 Luxury - I did think about Premium luxury but did really see the need quite - everything that was important to me was in the Luxury version.

On the scratch, I think they were presuming I would not take the car so I didn't push back and the sales guy was devastated - so they were pretty good - my only issue was that they took it to the show.

I have found so many excuses to go out and drive her - she drives so well, that you do tend to drive her fast - roadholding is phenomenal.

If I was to be picky, here you are....

Engine sounds very like a diesel at slow speeds.
    Stop/start kicks in very very quickly - sometimes as you tip the brake
    The curve in the doors mean that if you open the windows, the rain drops in - annoying.
    and the funniest issue - when you open the door and sit in, the door opens so wide that I have to stand one leg out to reach the door - it opens really really wide and this means you get wet when closing the door - I am only 5 ft 3 but I have never come across not being able to reach the door to close it before.

And special thanks must go to this initial thread - I only considered this car after reading this - otherwise I would have ended up with an audi which I didn't even like and now I have something I love - Big thanks from me!

Pitsy

Do you mind if I ask what car you had before this ? And did you look or drive or consider any of the XF competitors other than the Audi ? Do you also minf if I ask why you decided on the XF or was it mainly down to this thread ? Just curious !! Congratulations on the new car by the way.. it looks stunning ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Congratulations.

A fine car and definitely where my money would be going in that segment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Mr.David wrote: »
    Just released to the public at the NY motor show....55mins ago! Finally I can share this!

Obviously its just a mid-life refresh but I think it looks good. The front end is much sharper. Plus all the details of the new 2.2 4cyl diesel have been released:

2.2L 4cyl 188bhp turbodiesel
    8 speed ZF auto box
    Stop start
    52.3mpg
    CO2 emissions of 149g/km
    0-62mph 8.5 seconds
    450Nm of torque 
available from 2,000rpm
    If I were to win the Lotto-This.In black.Class car

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »

For the love of jaysis, don't quote pics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

For the love of jaysis, don't quote pics!
    Wont do it again.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »

A lotto win and you'd buy a 2.2 diesel XF??? REALLY???

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    A lotto win and you'd buy a 2.2 diesel XF??? REALLY???

No, he quoted post 1s pics of the xf-r which were removed.

Advertisement