Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Response time from Revenue for Form 12

Options
  • 20-04-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi

I recently submitted my form 12 to the revenue as I reckon I am owed some tax back from PAYE for 2010. Anyone any idea how long it takes for them to process?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Hi Busstop, are you self employed and PAYE earner also?

Did you submit Form 12 using Revenue online? As when you do this, it is instantaneous.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ascuteasabutton

If you did Paper Returns we have some that were sent in 6 weeks ago and we are still waiting. I contacted Revenue the other day and they said there was a backlog but they had a look at the particular one I was calling about there and then so i'm expecting a response early next week.

Might be worth giving them a quick call just to see if there is anything in particular holding it up? As the above poster said if it was online it will be much faster!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 busstop

ssbob wrote: »
    Hi Busstop, are you self employed and PAYE earner also?

Did you submit Form 12 using Revenue online? As when you do this, it is instantaneous.

I submitted form 12 because I am PAYE earner but also have one property rented. I could not submit online because I am not self employed. Is that right?

Guess I will just have to wait a while as I have only just sent it in. Do you know if they will look at the PAYE refund as part of a form 12 assessment?

busstop wrote: »
    I submitted form 12 because I am PAYE earner but also have one property rented. I could not submit online because I am not self employed. Is that right?

Guess I will just have to wait a while as I have only just sent it in. Do you know if they will look at the PAYE refund as part of a form 12 assessment?

If you have a property rented then you should be registered for Income Tax so you must make annual self assessed returns for this.Do you have an Accountant do this for you?

If you have a property rented then you should be registered for Income Tax so you must make annual self assessed returns for this.Do you have an Accountant do this for you?

I thought that because the main source of my income is form 12 that I have to submit form 12 rather than form 11

• Advertisement

I thought that because the main source of my income is form 12 that I have to submit form 12 rather than form 11

You can have net income of up to €50,000 (and gross income of no more than €3,175) from non-PAYE income sources and use the Form 12...so assuming you don't exceed these non PAYE Income Limits the Form 12 is fine! Is it just the one property??

The reason I ask if you have an Accountant to do your return is because they will normally be able to do it through ROS and it is much faster than the paper return you submitted.As I said in a previous post I am still waiting for some returns 6 weeks later so you may be waiting..still it might be no harm to give them a call on Tuesday just to check they received it.

You can have net income of up to €50,000 (and gross income of no more than €3,175) from non-PAYE income sources and use the Form 12...so assuming you don't exceed these non PAYE Income Limits the Form 12 is fine! Is it just the one property??

The reason I ask if you have an Accountant to do your return is because they will normally be able to do it through ROS and it is much faster than the paper return you submitted.As I said in a previous post I am still waiting for some returns 6 weeks later so you may be waiting..still it might be no harm to give them a call on Tuesday just to check they received it.

Thanks for the reply. I receive 12000 a year from rent on the property but with interest and all expenses it turns out as a loss. Should I really be submitting this through ROS as the equivalent of form 11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ct89

Hi

I recently submitted my form 12 to the revenue as I reckon I am owed some tax back from PAYE for 2010. Anyone any idea how long it takes for them to process?

My grandad requested one in 1968, hes still waiting for it

Thanks for the reply. I receive 12000 a year from rent on the property but with interest and all expenses it turns out as a loss. Should I really be submitting this through ROS as the equivalent of form 11?

If its something that you are going to have to do every year then definitely look at doing it through ROS it saves time filling out the form plus its 100 times faster than paper returns.

Advertisement