Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know if this will work? [Using 3V offline]

Options
  • 20-04-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I have a 3v card with money on it, does anyone know if I use it in a shop, i.e keying in the card no into the till, would I be able to get cashback on it as it's a "visa" per say?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

as far as i know , you can only use them online

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You def can't get cash back on a VISA card, 3V or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭antz182

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You def can't get cash back on a VISA card, 3V or not.
    what about the atm cards that are visa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

antz182 wrote: »
    what about the atm cards that are visa?

Those are Visa debit cards, some banks are switching to them over laser. They work the same way pretty much as a laser card, with some added benifits, but they are tied to a back account the same way laser is so it's not the same as 3v.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭antz182

calex71 wrote: »
    Those are Visa debit cards, some banks are switching to them over laser. They work the same way pretty much as a laser card, with some added benifits, but they are tied to a back account the same way laser is so it's not the same as 3v.
    thanks, saved me a trip to a shop and and awkward explaination as to why i cant pay for my stuff ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement