Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Palace Nightclub

Options
  • 20-04-2011 11:16pm

Hey, Anyone know if the Palace nightclub on Wexford st. is open on Good Friday? Or is anywhere? Suggestions?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Palace, like 99.9999% of bars in the country will be closed. Only train stations / airport bars will be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Palace, like 99.9999% of bars in the country will be closed. Only train stations / airport bars will be open.

And like several places in town are opening at 12am Saturday morning.;)

Generally The Palace is dead on a Friday, Thursday and Saturday are it's big nights. Not sure if it's opening at 12, and generally not sure where is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Alkers

Didn't nowhere open at twelve last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Yea, i think only one or two opened, and were dead.

Off licenses being closed, not many will have to foresight to buy ahead to pre-drink.

I work in a club in town, and we're not opening, and neither are any of the others that i know of. Could be wrong, but i don't know of anywhere that is opening at 12am.

Q bar have a sign (a really $hit one as well :D) hanging up on their window with, "Open Good Friday" on it. They can't have a theatre license, can they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

And like several places in town are opening at 12am Saturday morning.;)

Generally The Palace is dead on a Friday, Thursday and Saturday are it's big nights. Not sure if it's opening at 12, and generally not sure where is.

Palace dead on a Friday? You obviosulsy havn't been there many Fridays!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

That place is still going?

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

xzanti wrote: »

Aye not the worst spot! Better crowd than Coppers, and better music too, although that's not very hard! Pick of a bad bunch in the Harcourt Camden St area imo, bar Tripod and Crawdaddy.

And still does be jammers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Yeah I used to go there a lot when I lived in Town.. I drove past it one night not long ago and I thought it looked a bit dead.. thought it had turned into a snooker club or something..

Glad to hear it's still doing well.. have fond memories of that place :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I hear Flannerys stayed open late on the Thursday night

Yeah I used to go there a lot when I lived in Town.. I drove past it one night not long ago and I thought it looked a bit dead.. thought it had turned into a snooker club or something..

Glad to hear it's still doing well.. have fond memories of that place :)

The club part is only open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday unless it's a bank holiday weekend and it opens on the Sunday too.

Advertisement