Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Waterford Airport

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Its mad not having a bus to there. Do you know anyone in Waterford that might leave you use their drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

seanybiker wrote: »
    Its mad not having a bus to there. Do you know anyone in Waterford that might leave you use their drive?
    I know someone in Clonea Power, but I can't text her till the morning, and she might not be able to get me to teh airport then cuz she has a school run!

I suppose a taxi would cost a fortune from the city?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

cardol wrote: »
    I know someone in Clonea Power, but I can't text her till the morning, and she might not be able to get me to teh airport then cuz she has a school run!

I suppose a taxi would cost a fortune from the city?

Its 20euro to Tramore so I would imagine around that anyway

God, that's expensive isn't it. Return trip would be about €40, and it's €35 to park the car there for a week!

Ripped off either way....lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

God, that's expensive isn't it. Return trip would be about €40, and it's €35 to park the car there for a week!

Ripped off either way....lol

Need a number or two for a local cabbie to see what price they would charge?

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Need a number or two for a local cabbie to see what price they would charge?
    Oh yes please Sully. I can give them a call tomorrow and ask. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

When will you need a lift out?
    Some boardsie might be able to give you a spin out :)

All is OK :D I got through to my mate today and I can leave my car at hers in Clonea Power and she'll bring me to airport! :D

How nice to know there are such helpful people here on boards.ie :P

Good to hear you got sorted.

Thanks all who helped me this, its been a learning curve :)

• Advertisement

Just wanted to double check with one of the drivers I know about this, hence the delay in my response :) Glad you got yourself sorted and if something changes and you need assistance just bump this thread and we will point you in the right direction.

Enjoy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

I flying to Luton next month and don't want to leave my car in Waterford Airport while away, so was thinking of getting the bus to Waterford City. But once there, there is no follow-on bus the the airport.:mad: This is unbelievable!

http://www.waterfordairport.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=154&Itemid=100024

And I don't want to pay €35.00 to park for the week! http://www.waterfordairport.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=154&Itemid=100024 - Since they reduced the flights to Luton, they've also increased the price of a ticket.:mad:

Is Waterford airport not that great, that the local authorities don't want to make it accessible?

I can only assume that this would be up to the Airport Auth'
    to initiate? But what amazes me is that you can afford to buy
    a plane ticket, I again assume that you're paying for accomodation
    & probably some taxis in the UK? Some people want it every way!
    Short arms & deep pockets in my view!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I can only assume that this would be up to the Airport Auth'
    to initiate? But what amazes me is that you can afford to buy
    a plane ticket, I again assume that you're paying for accomodation
    & probably some taxis in the UK? Some people want it every way!
    Short arms & deep pockets in my view!

Lots of assuming there, you have no idea of this persons circumstances or means.

@SillyMcCarthy -You don't know me or my circumstances.

It actually took me 3 months to save for the ticket and I could only afford to go over by booking so far in advance. Also, the reason I need to fly into Luton is I have friends there who will collect me and I stay with them.

Do you always jump to conclusions and pick on people?

@SillyMcCarthy -You don't know me or my circumstances.

It actually took me 3 months to save for the ticket and I could only afford to go over by booking so far in advance. Also, the reason I need to fly into Luton is I have friends there who will collect me and I stay with them.

Do you always jump to conclusions and pick on people?

Another bleeding heart!
    My dear lady, I'm just merely asking the questions!
    Surely you made allowances on how to get to the airport
    & the costs associated with fuel & parking there?
    Surely you have also made allowances for spending money in the UK?

Lots of assuming there, you have no idea of this persons circumstances or means.

Quite correct JS, I don't but if you're going to travel by plane
    & complain about the cost associated with it, then she would have
    been better off travelling by bus!

@Sillyetc, you certainly have a problem don't you?

If my original question bothers you so much, why are you involed in this discussion? You have nothing concrete or helpful to add, just a load of childish whining and bitter accusations.

Quite correct JS, I don't but if you're going to travel by plane
    & complain about the cost associated with it, then she would have
    been better off travelling by bus!
    Buses don't float silly

Definitely something in the air the past few days. Maybe it was the thought of the pubs being closed. Who knows.

Anyway, situation and crisis averted so I think we can all carry on and we shall close this up. I'm sure we will all learn to forgive the OP for not planning every little detail and assuming normality applies for bus rides and so on. Or whatever else comes up I guess.

Enjoy your break OP. Do let us know when you are back how you got on. ;)

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement