Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loudon Wainwright in the Olympia

Options
  • 20-04-2011 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Seen Loudon a number of times in the last twenty or thirty years, cant wait to see him in the Olympia on 28th of May any other Boardsies going

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Wrighty82

Sweet! I'm gonna find tickets right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Apparently, it's been cancelled. A friend of mine texted me about it this morning, and it's also disappeared from Ticketmaster's site. Console yourselves in the new box set, Forty Odd Years.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Cr@p :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 darryldowney

I can assure everyone that the Loudon Wainwright show at the Olympia Theatre on May 28th is not cancelled and tickets are available from Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

Catalpa1 wrote: »
    Seen Loudon a number of times in the last twenty or thirty years, cant wait to see him in the Olympia on 28th of May any other Boardsies going
    - I saw him a long time ago at a small gig in a hotel. There couldn't have been more than 200 people at it and he was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Seanoc83

I have two tickets for sale over here if anyone is interested:

http://toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11735&sid=7ed77da096593827cacee02431c88ec9

He is amazing live but unfortunately I got a present of Kings of Leon tickets for the same day and can no longer go. Gutted.

I was just on to the Olympia as well and they have confirmed with his management that the gig is going ahead. They have no idea how the cancelled rumour started.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

Seanoc83 wrote: »
    I have two tickets for sale over here if anyone is interested:

http://toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11735&sid=7ed77da096593827cacee02431c88ec9

He is amazing live but unfortunately I got a present of Kings of Leon tickets for the same day and can no longer go. Gutted.

I was just on to the Olympia as well and they have confirmed with his management that the gig is going ahead. They have no idea how the cancelled rumour started.

Well, I guess it was understandable given that they were no longer on sale on ticketmaster last week (and the site would not allow me to print off my electronic tickets).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I can assure everyone that the Loudon Wainwright show at the Olympia Theatre on May 28th is not cancelled and tickets are available from Ticketmaster.

Fair enough, but it had disappeared when I made my original post last week about the cancellation. The rumour started on the Loudon Yahoo Groups last week, and the fact that it was gone from Ticketmaster's site at the same time suggested there was some credence to it.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement