Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Query on Warranty

• 20-04-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭

We bought a Motorhome in the UK. Its a Fiat Ducato cab, covered by a three year warranty. Does the warranty hold in Ireland, or should we go North for a service on the van ? Its the engine part that we want serviced, anybody know if it can be serviced here, without loosing the warranty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

There is a guy in Fiat Ireland who specifically deals with motorhomes. Regretably I cannot find my file with his name right now but you should phone Fiat Irl and get his name and contact. He will deal with the warranty issue. I had to do same with a van brought from N Irl a few years ago. No problem really. Sorry I don't have c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

Under EU rules/law the warranty must be upheld right across the EU. So no need to head up North.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Yes, warranty work can be done here at home.
    Since new, my MH, which I bought from a UK dealer, has had all its services and any warranty work done by Grandons in Glanmire, Cork, in a most satisfactory manner.

Also, you need to get the warranty period re-set on the FIAT database to start from when the MH was delivered to YOU as usually the clock starts running from when the converter takes deliver from FIAT, which could have been quite a while in the past so a fair portion of the three years could already be gone.
    Grandons were very helpful with this also.

I have no connections to Grandons, just a happy customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Thanks for all your replies. My Oh rang Fiat Ireland today and was told that the warranty is only valid for three years if we have the van in the UK, and as we have it in Ireland the two year warranty applies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Bessa wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies. My Oh rang Fiat Ireland today and was told that the warranty is only valid for three years if we have the van in the UK, and as we have it in Ireland the two year warranty applies.
    'suppose you can't do much about that :( , but ensure the two years only start from when YOU took delivery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement