Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighter Jets over Waterford

• 21-04-2011 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I just seen some kind of fighter jet passing over the city at 1 maybe 2 thousand feet and last Saturday while down the sand hills I seen another one.
    Did anyone see either of these. The one on Saturday was very visible to anyone on Tramore beach and the sound was very loud.

I found this site http://www.radarvirtuel.com/ which allows you to identify the aircraft which if flying but there is nothing flying over Waterford.
    Who are they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

I just seen some kind of fighter jet passing over the city at 1 maybe 2 thousand feet and last Saturday while down the sand hills I seen another one.
    Did anyone see either of these. The one on Saturday was very visible to anyone on Tramore beach and the sound was very loud.

I found this site http://www.radarvirtuel.com/ which allows you to identify the aircraft which if flying but there is nothing flying over Waterford.
    Who are they?

Probably Quadaffi's buys desertin the sinkin ship....

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

www.flightradar24.com Try that site , I find it more reliable and closer to real time than radar virtuel.

Although military aircraft i doubt will show up on em.

As for fighter jets over Tramore? I dunno maybe their bringin the pillows for O'Bama.
    Or if it was over tramore beach maybe it was a private jet (Gulfstream or the likes) Circling to land at The airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Can you remember did it have a delta wing or was it fixed wing?

Do a google search for F16, F-15, F-22 (or USAF jets) or look up UK Fighter jets and see do any of them match what you saw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

The EU/IMF really want their money back :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Back in the old days NATO would fly along the south coast over Tramore and I'd see them every so often.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Could be a french Alpha jet from Tours. They do regular navigation exercises in Irish airspace and overnight at Baldonnel. There's some photos over on the Aviation and Aircraft forum of previous visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Teebor15

There were 3 business jets parked at the airport Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

Saw this yesterday evening about 7pm flying west to east over the city. anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Who are they?
    that was me flying an F15 i seen ya on the sandhills tooo:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

blobbyblob wrote: »
    Saw this yesterday evening about 7pm flying west to east over the city. anyone else?

When you say "this" I assume you meant to post a pic or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement