Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

douglas traffic advice

Options
  • 21-04-2011 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hi,
    Thinking of moving to the south douglas road.
    working in ringaskiddy, wud this mean I would have to drive thro douglas village??not the best option!
    working 8-17.00 so traffic wud b v heavy?
    wot about driving on to the link, 2d kinsale roundabout, back 2wards d tunnel?and taking the douglas west exit?
    or heading towards city centre and taking the douglas exit passed the dump??
    is traffic v bad a the kinsale rbout around 5-5.30pm??
    any advice appreciated!

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

hi,
    Thinking of moving to the south douglas road.
    working in ringaskiddy, wud this mean I would have to drive thro douglas village??not the best option!
    working 8-17.00 so traffic wud b v heavy?
    wot about driving on to the link, 2d kinsale roundabout, back 2wards d tunnel?and taking the douglas west exit?
    or heading towards city centre and taking the douglas exit passed the dump??
    is traffic v bad a the kinsale rbout around 5-5.30pm??
    any advice appreciated!

J

If you are starting work at 8am I presume you will be leaving at 7.30 - 7.40 ish. Traffic starts building around 7.20 - 7.30 but does not get truly horrible until closer to 8am.

There are loads of ways for you to go at that hour.

1) Living on the back Douglas road I would go this way. Drive through the back village until Daly's shop, take a left and head under the bridge by the church. Take a right and head what I would call the old Carrigaline road. If the right is busy you can always go around the roundabout by the finger post instead, to get on the same road.

2) You could also just continue straight up Donnybrook hill and get to Carrigaline - you kind of have to come back on yourself by driving out of Carrigaline to the Ringaskiddy roundabout, and will probably meet traffic at the church roundabout in Carrigaline.

3) You could also just follow the first step but take a left to the finger post, head down the Rochestown road and join the link from there which joins the Carrigaline road.

At 7.30 - 7.40 you should be OK though whichever route you take. South Douglas road is the right side of Douglas for what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ireland1000

great thanks.
    what about the evning time around 5.30pm?
    i presume douglas is blocked up then? any way 2 avoid douglas to get to the south douglas road??
    what wud the kinsale rbout be like at this time??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

murphym7 wrote: »

3) You could also just follow the first step but take a left to the finger post, head down the Rochestown road and join the link from there which joins the Carrigaline road.

You can only join the link heading towards the Kinsale roundabout direction from the Rochestown road though...not the Carrigaline direction.

If you kept going along the Rochestown road through Passage and Monkstown, you come out onto the Ringaskiddy road eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Ludo wrote: »
    You can only join the link heading towards the Kinsale roundabout direction from the Rochestown road though...not the Carrigaline direction.

If you kept going along the Rochestown road through Passage and Monkstown, you come out onto the Ringaskiddy road eventually.

You are dead right - I wasn't thinking it through properly.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

You ll be fine heading in the mornings as you ll be too early and going against the traffic mostly. Drive into the back village. up donnybrook hill. go for approx 3miles til you come to ballinrea cross. take a left at the cross, follow the road til you hit the main carrigaline road. turn left then ur at the shannonpark roundabout and all the traffic into ringaskiddy... this is where your trouble starts. the only way to skip a bit is when u hit the carrigaline main road turn right into carrigaline village and head to ringaskiddy via the by pass and the currabinny road which brings you past novartis and down into ringaskiddy village.

• Advertisement
Advertisement