Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Yup he explained what needed to be done, was very helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

funkyouup wrote: »
    Yup he explained what needed to be done, was very helpful

Good to hear that funkyouup, Mark wil be back to you as soon as feedback available.
    Tony

Just to update what's going on here. Internets been down all day, got a call saying my line was upgraded and working fine, ended up ringing tech support back and got told a different version of events, to be honest the internet being down isn't pissing me off, being told different stories by your reps within the same department within an hour is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Just to update what's going on here. Internets been down all day, got a call saying my line was upgraded and working fine, ended up ringing tech support back and got told a different version of events, to be honest the internet being down isn't pissing me off, being told different stories by your reps within the same department within an hour is.

Hi funkyouup,

The eircom techs cleared an issue at the exchange over an hour ago. Just to confirm you are still without broabdband service?

Thanks, Mark

Just to update what's going on here. Internets been down all day, got a call saying my line was upgraded and working fine, ended up ringing tech support back and got told a different version of events, to be honest the internet being down isn't pissing me off, being told different stories by your rieps within the same department within an hour is.

Hi funkyouup,

The eircom techs cleared an issue at the exchange over an hour ago. Just to confirm you are still without broabdband service?

Thanks, Mark

Yes I'm still without broadband.

• Advertisement

Hi,

I am looking into it and I will get back to you.

Thanks, mark

Hi funkyouup,

I am chasing up the broadband issue, sorry for the wait can I ask if you have a dial tone, are you able to make or recieve calls?

Thanks, Mark

Broadband came back at some point this morning, now when we pick up the phoneand or make/recieve a call, it kills the internet signal for a few minutes. Their is also alot of noise on our phone line now when you pick it up, microfilters on all sockets, nothing else plugged in.

Broadband came back at some point this morning, now when we pick up the phoneand or make/recieve a call, it kills the internet signal for a few minutes. Their is also alot of noise on our phone line now when you pick it up, microfilters on all sockets, nothing else plugged in.

Hi funkyouup,

The line is testing fine? I will monitor the connection over the next few days and get back to you.

Have you tried any new spliters on the line recently?

Thanks, Mark

No, there isnt any splitters in use, ive tried the microfilters from my old eircom router and the ones i recieved with the zyxel, i tested the speed at around 2pm and it was around 14mb, tested again before this post and its back down to 3.4mb
    The line is far from fine Tony.

• Advertisement

No, there isnt any splitters in use, ive tried the microfilters from my old eircom router and the ones i recieved with the zyxel, i tested the speed at around 2pm and it was around 14mb, tested again before this post and its back down to 3.4mb

Hi funkyyouup,

The case has been re-escalated to engineers an hour ago. I will follow the case and get back you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

go to a different provider
    call them when you have a problem, eircom will be out sooner to fix your problem when it comes from them

you sir are their customer, they have you in the bag, dont have to mind you as much

neiphin wrote: »
    go to a different provider
    call them when you have a problem, eircom will be out sooner to fix your problem when it comes from them

you sir are their customer, they have you in the bag, dont have to mind you as much

Hi neiphin
    I appreciate that you have taken the time to offer advice to this thread however your post is not accurate. Eircom's response to a fault is not determined by which provider it is with. There is a 2 to 4 working day resolve time for all line / service fault no matter who provideds line.
    Just thought I'd clarify this.
    Tony

Hi funkyouup
    re call, I can see should now be syncing at approx 17Mb, signal appears solid. If you monitor this for today and let me know if any further issue.
    Hope all continues well and apologies for inconvenience.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭FungiWalsh

Hi,

I realised recently that we're on an 8MB broadband package, but we are only getting 3MB (I assumed our package was 3MB, for some reason). Yesterday, we received a call from Eircom telling us that we were being upgraded to 12MB. So I rang Eircom's broadband support today to try and find out why we've only been receiving 3MB, and the guy (I forgot to get his name) in technical support said our exchange wasn't equipped for speeds higher than 3MB. I've done a bit of Googling since, and it seems our exchange was, in fact, upgraded for NGB last October. Can anyone here help me out and let me know if we're capable of receiving over 3MB? I can PM our number to one of the Eircom folks.

Thanks!

FungiWalsh wrote: »
    Hi,

I realised recently that we're on an 8MB broadband package, but we are only getting 3MB (I assumed our package was 3MB, for some reason). Yesterday, we received a call from Eircom telling us that we were being upgraded to 12MB. So I rang Eircom's broadband support today to try and find out why we've only been receiving 3MB, and the guy (I forgot to get his name) in technical support said our exchange wasn't equipped for speeds higher than 3MB. I've done a bit of Googling since, and it seems our exchange was, in fact, upgraded for NGB last October. Can anyone here help me out and let me know if we're capable of receiving over 3MB? I can PM our number to one of the Eircom folks.

Thanks!

Hi FungiWalsh,

Can you Pm your telephone number and I will look into your upgrade order and speed issues.

Thanks, Mark

Checked the speed a few times yesterday and today and its pretty much been 14.5mb on the speed tests.

Checked the speed a few times yesterday and today and its pretty much been 14.5mb on the speed tests.

Hi funkyouup,

Thanks for getting back to us with an update.

Mark

Advertisement