Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying games on teh cheap - till May 3rd

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    So what count as selected new titles I can't get through to gamestop ?

any new game from 1st march till 26 of may

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Just got Portal 2 for two 2009 games and a 2007 game plus 1.99 ,I'm one happy bunny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 stillframe

Portal and MK9 for 50 euro :D ill take that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Anyone buy Portal 2 and MK at the same time with this offer? Were they happy to do it or will I have to go into town and just go to two different Gamestops?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i sold
    left for dead
    far cry 2
    cod black ops

and still had to pay 14 for MK9
    **** game stop

who actually took advantage of this by buying cheap games else where? if so list em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I went in again today in Cork with the games I couldn't sell last time. The guy told me that the old list was only valid for a handful of older games - Crysis 2, Homefront, Pokémon B/W and one other that I cant remember. I got Crysis.
    Better than having to keep that copy of Velvet Assassin anyways.

It was nice to see that MK was completely sold out though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

It's a horrible thing to see, since I ran around to five different Gamestops today looking for MK and they were all sold out. :(

Got to play it in Liffey Street for awhile at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I once traded in an old game plus two euros, three times to GAME for three new copies of pokemon games.

I then sold those Pokemon games to Gamestop for 9.99 each (29.97 euros) and put it on a voucher card.

so I basically got 30 quid off the game I wanted to buy, for the cost of 6 euros actual cash and 3 second had games worth about 12 euros between them

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

it;s worth mentioning different game stores value 2nd had games differently.

Gamestop will offer more the GAME for newer games and less for older ones, where as GAME will usually give you more or less depending on how good/bad common/rare the game is.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭danny29

Went to Gamestop in Blanch they told me it is completely sold out, the girl in cashier told me Henry street outlet has a MK game went over there and got it! Had 2 games already in the list and have to buy off one more game got it from Xtravision for 10 euro so only had to pay 13 euro in total at gamestop for MK instead of 50 Euro for full Mk retail price

I was so lucky in getting Mortal Kombat..they have very few at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Yea some shops are behind when it comes to price drops. Couple of weeks later you see the games marked for more used then they are new.

I got 30 trade value for Halo reach in Xtravision last week. Its selling for 20 new in HMV. No wonder they are going out of business.

I was offered 28 for MvC3 in Smyths when it was 35 on the shelves. I kept it in the end as I would only end up buying the bleeding thing again at some stage. Good price though.

I find Gamestop to be the worst of the lot for trades. Staff can be smart arses also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

So:

Xtravision are selling Soul Calibur 5 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 New for €25 each

They're also marked as buy two get a 3rd free. so a potential of 3 games for 50 quid

I spotted a second hand copy of SFXT in my local under the same deal.
    Or you could probably look for a game that's actually good :pac:.

Edit: just realized Since the last post in this thread Game and HMV have closed down, and blockbuster are ****ed. It's a shame, gamestop are often way overpriced...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Nascimento

Gamestop have SxT second hand at €27, and new at €17.99.

Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

MK9 is free if you're on PS Plus. Honestly, I highly recommend going with PS Plus. The amount of good games I got off this is just amazing.

Advertisement