Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do culchies hate Dubs so much?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

All this proves is theres a lot of dickheads in Ireland.

Irelands full of really great people but unfortunetely you still have this playground crap.

Well that's quite sensible ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Dun wrote: »
    We don't hate Dubs, we just don't think about you..

When I do go to Dublin, I like to joke that it's nice for a while, but it's good to leave and go back to Ireland. And now with the internet and An Post, there's even less need to be going there.

I like the way you said go back to ireland:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm a culchie and I don't hate Dubs. Perhaps it's just your friends/family OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Sungodbr

All this proves is theres a lot of dickheads in Ireland.

Irelands full of really great people but unfortunetely you still have this playground crap.

I agree with this totally!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Sungodbr wrote: »
    I agree with this totally!!!

like totally.......

• Advertisement

kjmbreslin wrote: »
    haha yar funny, ya mean the only part of the country that fecking destroyed the whole country with its reckless spending stupid planning authorities for infrastructure that have miserably failed. take a walk around 'superior' dublin and ya will see for such a large population of people the infrastructure is pretty awful compared to the mighty cities of europe. If yas are so superior then why don't yas lead by example and sort out your county and then set an example for the rest of Ireland, until then just shut up ya muppet

I,for one,am looking forward to reading many,many more posts from you.
    You,sir,are going to be one of the finest posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

I cycled down that in '05....lot easier to go down than up:eek:
    It makes me laugh when I see this pic, when my Dad a Dub came to Cork in the 60's all the consultants in Cork had their premises on Patricks Hill and his was a heart consultant with offices half way up on the third floor. And I'm Cork born and married to a Dub, with a Cork born son. Nothing wrong with the Dubs, nothing wrong with the culchies. Its just a bit of banter with maybe a bit of the green eyed monster! By the way did you know that Cork county is far bigger than Dublin lol? How many people living in Dublin do not have some origins in the country? I really hate that "ryoundaboush" made up southside Dublin accent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Maybe its cause the Jackeen was the only silly fecker that waved the queen of england into ireland with english flags......therefore the dubs are turncoats and wannabe english men and that might be the reason why every other county in ireland hasn much time for the dubs!! FACT

Perhaps true at the turn of the century - but what about lately? Who was it again? Oh yeah, the rebels.

You do realise that a hell of a lot of people living in Dublin are not from Dublin don't you? Many of them love Dublin and have chosen to make it their home.

We are damned for being proud of Dublin and in the same breath damned for wanting to be English.
    Perhaps you should move to a country where there is no capital city....

optogirl wrote: »
    Perhaps true at the turn of the century - but what about lately? Who was it again? Oh yeah, the rebels.

You do realise that a hell of a lot of people living in Dublin are not from Dublin don't you? Many of them love Dublin and have chosen to make it their home.

We are damned for being proud of Dublin and in the same breath damned for wanting to be English.
    Perhaps you should move to a country where there is no capital city....

shhh shhh ,don't piss on his parade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

We don't hate Dubs, we just grew up thinking you're all on drugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭JyesusChrist

jimpump wrote: »
    maybe theres another reason,it might be cos all the culchies are frustrated cos the only people they go off with are their cousins and sisters

Might be Dubs terrible attempt at abuse?

Jess16 wrote: »

Was it a surprise when you found out we weren't all on drugs ?

mattjack wrote: »
    Was it a surprise when you found out we weren't all on drugs ?

It was Matt, some days I can still hardly believe it

It was Matt, some days I can still hardly believe it

has anyone told ya about Santa yet or the birds and the bees ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Because you're completely ignorant to everything that goes on outside your little bubble called Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

why the hell am i following this pig ignorant thread. unfollow

grow up people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

haha yar funny, ya mean the only part of the country that fecking destroyed the whole country with its reckless spending stupid planning authorities for infrastructure that have miserably failed. take a walk around 'superior' dublin and ya will see for such a large population of people the infrastructure is pretty awful compared to the mighty cities of europe. If yas are so superior then why don't yas lead by example and sort out your county and then set an example for the rest of Ireland, until then just shut up ya muppet

until you look at the public sector and realise there are more boggers running it than dubs,just saying,not to mention the capital city has better infrastructure than any other small town out in the outback what does that say for the farmer boys town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

why the hell am i following this pig ignorant thread. unfollow

grow up people

Its easy to understand how the country is the way it is by reading these types of threads. The recession has thought this bog island nothing.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nmx009

while the dubs and culchies are wearing ourselfs out slagging each other, meanwhile the germans are sneaking in and becoming our masters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I don't hate dubs but would say that many of them are quite ignorant of everything outside Dublin.

Most people from around the rest of the country travel the country a good bit and go to Dublin fairly regularly.

Dublin is about the only place in the country where you can run into someone that has never gone more than 20-30 miles from their front door. Such people are usually the most vocal on why Dublin is better than everywhere else and why would they want to go to a bog etc... Just ignorant generalisations.

I think the above is quite bizarre. I don't like those people very much as they are generally very hard to talk to and have a rational conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Just a bit too similar to the loud mouthed, arrogant English if you ask me.

That doesn't mean ALL Dubs! But far too many of them!

Been going to all sorts of hurling matches for years and years and never once saw behaviour from a set of supporters like the attitude I saw towards the Tipperary team from Dublin supporters in this years All-Ireland semi final!
    I don't know why I thought it would be different from Football games!
    Was all a bit too similar to stuff I've seen over the years around English Premier League football grounds and Wembley!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

thebman wrote: »
    I don't hate dubs but would say that many of them are quite ignorant of everything outside Dublin.

Most people from around the rest of the country travel the country a good bit and go to Dublin fairly regularly.

Dublin is about the only place in the country where you can run into someone that has never gone more than 20-30 miles from their front door. Such people are usually the most vocal on why Dublin is better than everywhere else and why would they want to go to a bog etc... Just ignorant generalisations.

I think the above is quite bizarre. I don't like those people very much as they are generally very hard to talk to and have a rational conversation.
    ah but come on,dublin is better right?

how many of us have you met ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

I'm from Co. Galway (not the city) myself and living in Dublin for 12 years now. It's very much my home now. I've even officially transferred counties via the GAA when I joined a club here and if my club can spare me a ticket for the final, I'll be cheering the Dubs.

HOWEVER, there are a few things about the city that I dislike.

Number 1: Junkies - I hate them. I wish they could all be picked up at night and destroyed.

Number 2: Scumbags - I hate them. I wish they could all be picked up at night and destroyed.

Number 3: Gypsies - I hate them. I wish they could all be picked up at night and destroyed.

Number 4: Beggars - I hate them. I wish they could all be picked up at night and destroyed.

Number 5: Chuggers - I hate them. I wish they could all be picked up at night, beaten and then destroyed.

Essentially, I hate all the lowlifes who want to separate me from my cash. I understand that Limerick and Cork have similar problems too but I don't have much time for them either. I hate the midlands too. It's so dull without a coast and the place is full of farmers.

Everywhere from Galway city to farther west is great, though.

haha, this is what i love about the midlands, everyone just takes it at face value... its stretches from kilkenny to around cavan, a big part of the country could be described as the midlands... im from the midlands, i loved growing up there, all the lakes and rivers and forests, you could spend summer holidays going from one river to another to a lake, jumping into the water on hot days from high bridges, and it was unspoilt... could get on a boat and go down along the shannon, which runs right the way through the midlands!

for example, i know a place on the shannon where you turn of a main road, go down through a forest for about 2 km's, then you have to get out of your car as the trail ends, walk through the forest for about 100m, and you come out upon a clearing in the forest that is facing onto the shnnon, and its like a beach, about 50 or 60m's in lenght, it is a savage place for a warm day during the summer, a few of your friends and a bbq on the beach, secluded in the proper sense of the word, and no one from outside the locality knows about it, and there would be hundreds of places like this dotted throughout places within 10 or 15minutes from where you live, in all directions!

has anyone told ya about Santa yet or the birds and the bees ?

Matt, I'm gonna save you a little heartache here and let you know I'm a big fan of Dublin

Matt, I'm gonna save you a little heartache here and let you know I'm a big fan of Dublin

No heartache at all,I'm enjoying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

irony And with that, I'm out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Because people in Dublin don't have webbed feet

No heartache at all,I'm enjoying this.

Says it all really.

• Advertisement

this says a lot too..