Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do culchies hate Dubs so much?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭polly78

I don't hate them but can't be in the company of for more than 5mins as I find the accent insufferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I don't really hate Dublin but yesterday when I was up there I felt like blowing the place sky-high.
    People were so rude, cutting me off, walking into me, no apologies or nothing. NO smiles either... that was creepy - they all looked like they wanted to kill me :(

i was there in January and i have to agree with you. i don't have great feelings one way or the other, but iv'e never met ruder people than Dubs. i know that you get pricks everywhere, but there just seems to be a much higher ratio in Dublin than anywhere else (and they all have boards accounts!!)

also, in before the lock! i honestly don't understand why the OPs of these threads aren't banned for flamebaiting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

lastlaugh wrote: »
    Verrrrry interestink.

Can you explain your comment in bold?

Sure. Dublin people have always got things handy, dole, houses, shopping, jobs, government preferential treatment. There is always an authority figure of some sort handing it out to Dublin people in some form or another. The consequence of this is that they leave no value on the journey you have to take to acquire something. They have no sense of acomplishment and no sense of pride in where they are from. Dublin people are in totality disdainful of their living environment.

City councils and authorities do a huge amount of work for Dublin people that in the country private citizens take upon themselves. Example the cutting of communal or public green spaces. No dub would dream of taking this job on, it would not be there problem. In country areas these spaces have to be tended to by the locals themselves.

One example would be the process of acquiring a house. Dublin people invariably just buy a house, in many cases the house is turnkey. Buy move in. In the country the house has to be built. Months of pre planning, planning and oversight and management before you even get to the point where the country person can start to put their own finishing touches to their property.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,656 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

One example would be the process of acquiring a house

Some Dublin people work hard, earn an honest wage and buy a house.

Some country people get land from daddy, get planning from the cute hoer friend of a friend, build a horrible McMansion, can't afford to keep the seven bathrooms clean and the BMW X5 taxed and then commit suicide.

There's different stories everywhere Orlando... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

John_Rambo wrote: »

Some country people get land from daddy, get planning from the cute hoer friend of a friend, build a horrible McMansion, can't afford to keep the seven bathrooms clean and the BMW X5 taxed and then commit suicide.

That suicide comment is a bit harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Because we export loud dickheads.

Yeah, because boggers never get drunk & loud.

hondasam wrote: »
    That suicide comment is a bit harsh.

I agree, but it's true. I did think about it, but then again, heroin death comments are fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Sure. Dublin people have always got things handy, dole, houses, shopping, jobs, government preferential treatment. There is always an authority figure of some sort handing it out to Dublin people in some form or another. The consequence of this is that they leave no value on the journey you have to take to acquire something. They have no sense of acomplishment and no sense of pride in where they are from. Dublin people are in totality disdainful of their living environment.

City councils and authorities do a huge amount of work for Dublin people that in the country private citizens take upon themselves. Example the cutting of communal or public green spaces. No dub would dream of taking this job on, it would not be there problem. In country areas these spaces have to be tended to by the locals themselves.

One example would be the process of acquiring a house. Dublin people invariably just buy a house, in many cases the house is turnkey. Buy move in. In the country the house has to be built. Months of pre planning, planning and oversight and management before you even get to the point where the country person can start to put their own finishing touches to their property.

this is all true. i 'just but a house' all the time, its no problem at all. I also like the way we get handed out both dole and jobs. hurray!

It is kinda annoying the way we cant carry our piss though :(

And some little fückstarts have Mom and Dad buy them a 2 bed in the IFSC and give it to them for gratis. Get tha fück.

I agree, but it's true. I did think about it, but then again, heroin death comments are fine.

They can stop using heroin simple as that, put down the needle and walk slowly away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

I didnt know we hated Dubs.

Maybe your family just hates each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Dublin people invariably just buy a house, in many cases the house is turnkey. Buy move in. In the country the house has to be built. Months of pre planning, planning and oversight and management before you even get to the point where the country person can start to put their own finishing touches to their property.

What? Houses aren't sold outside Dublin? (aside from the 35k properties outside Dublin that are listed on Myhome.ie)

I think a hell of a lot of people in Dublin would find it preferable to be able to build their own house as opposed to purchasing some semi detatched, uniform house that's in an a soulless estate. Can get a far higher quality house, designed to your specification and for less money in a lot of cases. Rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I thought the thread was going to be fun with a bit of happy banter but it has turned serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

And some little fückstarts have Mom and Dad buy them a 2 bed in the IFSC and give it to them for gratis. Get tha fück.

Get the fück.

And some little fückstarts have Mom and Dad buy them a 2 bed in the IFSC and give it to them for gratis.

I know! Two friends of mine from Cork got an apartment each in the IFSC from their parents. Good for them I say... don't begrudge them Orando, Dublin is a welcoming city, we greet all of you with open arms. ;)

this is all true. i 'just but a house' all the time, its no problem at all. I also like the way we get handed out both dole and jobs. hurray!

It is kinda annoying the way we cant carry our piss though :(

It's a tough station.

This might be your answer;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Majority of culchies are oddball little wierdo's enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

As a Dub living in Galway, I come across this crap a lot. Not so much in Galway but elsewhere. Usually the the smaller and the more boring the town. The worse it is.

In fact the problem isn't that everyone hates Dublin but that everyone hates everyone else. All the counties hate the neighbouring county, or neighbouring town or the neighouring village etc etc. It's everything that's wrong with Ireland, tribalism. My town, my village, my parish, my road. This is a tiny country, we should take pride in being Irish.

For the information of those who hate Dublin, well I speak for most Dubliners. We don't care! Dublin is a big city too big to get misty eyed about it. Half the time it's because people from smaller towns can't cope with the crowds, the traffic and an anonyminity of it. Well that's your problem not ours. There's dozens of buses and trains out of the city every day, find one and go if you don't like it. And don't come back.

When I don't like a place I don't go back and I don't go on about it.

hondasam wrote: »
    I thought the thread was going to be fun

I know, but are you getting sensitive on a thread based on hatred?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

I'm not a culchie, but Dublin is a complete ****hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Besides the Dublin scumbags I don't mind the Dubs that much. It's the whole anything outside of the city is potato-land full of muck savages attitude that alot hold.

Or that in Media it's the Republic Of Dublin, what's good for it is good for the rest of the country.

Went back to my hometown last weekend and the Dublin family who moved there a while back got into an argument on Friday night and stabbed each other. :D

Anyways, people in other cities think the rest of the country are culchies. Bloody city slickers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

And yet another us versus them goes to sh1te!!!!!!!

OP, hope you have a good handle on that ol wooden spoon for continuing to stir the sh1t!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

So any plans for the weekend?

They can stop using heroin simple as that, put down the needle and walk slowly away.

Oh, thanks doctor, I must tell them that. I presume in your world people with depression can simply just cheer up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Dubs have no tact. They can't hold their piss. I notice they always share the minute details of their lives with everyone. That means they can't be trusted. It makes them unreliable employees. Also Dubs are scabs. They are always borrowing and looking for stuff. They leave no value on anything.

Dubs are England's lasting legacy to the Irish, unfortunately.

Have to take some exception to this - I don't share the minute details of my life with people unless they're my friends. And since when does talking about your life make you untrustable and an unreliable employee? Just coz I chat about my life doesn't mean I'll tell people everything about work.

As for the scabs thing - most Dubs I know aren't always borrowing (unless you count mortgages but then culchies do that too) or looking for stuff.

Emmmm.....I don't have things handy & neither do my friends or close family & we're dubs. Haven't gotten things just handed to us on a plate. Ok yes shopping, I'll give you that it's easier in Dublin then down the country. I have pride in where I'm from & am not disdainful of my living environment. As for preferential treatment.....two words: farm subsidies. We've been getting them from the EU since we signed up....don't know many Dubs who benefited from that at all.

A lot of my relatives are from down the country and from what I've seen and heard from them, the County Councils deal with the communal or public green spaces and individuals deal with the pieces that are right outside their own home or on their own land.

But Dublin is a city & therefore must be somewhat planned. You can do the same process in any other city in the country - Galway, Limerick, Cork etc. Don't get your point here at all. Plus there are people who do that in Dublin and build their own houses - my friends have just finished their one out past Tallaght.

I don't hate culchies but do get annoyed when some think that you have everything handed to you on a plate coz you live in the capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

phasers wrote: »
    So any plans for the weekend?

Why yes, I am planning on hitting the pub tomorrow night, cos I can, cos I'm in The Netherlands, and the pubs are OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Why yes, I am planning on hitting the pub tomorrow night, cos I can, cos I'm in The Netherlands, and the pubs are OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do peple from Amsterdam hate those from Rotterdam so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Half my family are Dubs. I like the place and have generally found ordinary Dubs nice people. Skangers and snobs can fcuk off and die slow. Worst people in the world.

Dubs: What is so great about Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Why oh why did I come into this thread? I should have known better than reading the pig-ignorant posts from both sides of the argument/shite-flinging contest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement