Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do culchies hate Dubs so much?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I know, but are you getting sensitive on a thread based on hatred?

No it is just that one comment I'm sensitive about. I have family and friends living in Dublin, in my experience the Dubs love to head to the country for a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Oh, thanks doctor, I must tell them that. I presume in your world people with depression can simply just cheer up?

The last time I checked The heroin user chose to use heroin. Are you telling me that you choose to develop depression? Is that what you are actually trying to equate heroin use to? Heroin is a choice. The lifestyle is a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Dubs: What is so great about Dublin?
    We have IKEA and multiple cinemas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,656 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

hondasam wrote: »
    No it is just that one comment I'm sensitive about. I have family and friends living in Dublin, in my experience the Dubs love to head to the country for a weekend.

I know, I holiday in Ireland three times a year, I love the whole country and Dublin, but these Dublin hate threads are getting to be a little bit too much. They are based on peoples opinions like Olandos, and he hasn't a clue about Dublin. All bullsheet anecdotes and pub talk about expense, free housing ect...

The last time I checked The heroin user chose to use heroin. Are you telling me that you choose to develop depression? Is that what you are actually trying to equate heroin use to? Heroin is a choice. The lifestyle is a choice.

Oh FFS! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

You're not here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It because of the media

The hype the Dublin football team get is sickening. And then when they lose the same media rips them to shreds. Comparisons to the English international soccer team are somewhat accurate

It's because they want everything to suit them. When the 1st round of the championship was played in Longford a number of years ago I listened to weeks of moaning on the radio and traffic issues in Edgeworthstown and Longford and issues with capacity. Why can't we play in Dublin blah blah? You'd think Longford was the other side of the country the way they were going on.

It's because not one but twice in recent years the Gardai had to delay games in Croke Park due to Dublin fans staying in the pub too long and then rushing for the game.
    Of course in the media they blamed public transport and Sunday schedules. How is it that Kerry and Mayo and Donegal fans arrive in time and don't get games delayed?

RTÉ is becoming a Dublin local station. Listen to Joe Duffy, if they just name a street then you know it's in Dublin

I'll leave it there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

It's where all my family and friends are. I can get a job here easier than down the country due to the industry I work in. I can go to the beach here too (although granted not as nice as beaches I know down the country). It's where I grew up and I like it. I'm not saying there's nothing bad about it but everywhere has its good and bad point. I love Dublin - doesn't mean I don't like the country.

What's so great about where you're from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

jimpump wrote: »
    , some say its an inferiority comlex....
    This sort of comment.

And the use of the word ''cultchies''.

And the disease known as ''dublincentreoftheuniverse-itis'' that alot of ye seem to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

we bogmen never forgave yer predecessors for hanging the Union (butchers apron) Jack from your windows during the 1916 rising :P

feck off Jackeens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Auvers wrote: »
    we bogmen never forgave yer predecessors for hanging the Union (butchers apron) Jack from your windows during the 1916 rising :P

feck off Jackeens

it's the union flag. it's only called the union jack when it's hoisted on a ship

It's where all my family and friends are. I can get a job here easier than down the country due to the industry I work in. I can go to the beach here too (although granted not as nice as beaches I know down the country). It's where I grew up and I like it. I'm not saying there's nothing bad about it but everywhere has its good and bad point. I love Dublin - doesn't mean I don't like the country.

What's so great about where you're from?

best part of it for me is you can get from the centre to the wilds of the sally gap or some part in about 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ok lets break it down here:

We're all Irish!

Now there's different counties and people make out it's everyone else dislikes the Dubs and vice versa.

However some Northsiders in Dublin dislike Southsiders. Then people from certain areas in the Northside will dislike others from different areas of the Northside and same for Southside.

Some counties in the 'country' will hate others (such as everyone hates Cork :P). Then people from a certain town in a county will hate their neigbouring town/village in that same county, local rivalry etc.

So for everyone saying they hate the Dubs I bet there are plenty of ye who hate the 'shower from Ballygobackwards' just as much if not more cos they robbed ye in the County Final in 1956!

And for all Dubs who say they hate 'culchies' well I bet ye hate some of your own just as much if not more!

Just get over yourselves, we're all Irish, we all get on fine when we go abroad to support the football team, it's time to look beyond our own parochial views and look at the bigger picture! We're not happy as a nation unless we have somebody to dislike/hate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

it's the union flag. it's only called the union jack when it's hoisted on a ship

you say tomato, I say shut up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

True that Kfallon^^^

Sure I even hate some of the forums here on boards :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Auvers wrote: »
    you say tomato, I say shut up :pac:

Nooooooooooooo, you say jack, I say flag ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

best part of it for me is you can get from the centre to the wilds of the sally gap or some part in about 30 minutes.

That does sound pretty nice alright. :)

Btw didn't mean that question to be taken sarcastically in case it was. It was more that Orando Blooms posts were so anti-Dublin but not really pro-anywhere that I wanted to find out what was so much better about the country in his mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

I'll check in the bogger embassy (Supermacs on O'Connell Street) to see if I can get an answer to this age old question.
    I thought the Bogger Embassy was Copper Face Jack's...ah well.

Up the Whest of Ireland.

Happy Easter everyone, chill relax, enjoy the weather and the beer.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

hondasam wrote: »
    Up the Whest of Ireland.

Happy Easter everyone, chill relax, enjoy the weather and the beer.:)

Why did I think you were a Nordie???

Today is gonna be a cracker, finish work early then beer garden :D

• Advertisement

Why did I think you were a Nordie???

Today is gonna be a cracker, finish work early then beer garden :D

I'm a Galway Girl :)

beautiful day here, Enjoy :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I have nothing against Dublin, but I would go as far as to say I enjoy leaving it!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Question should be "Why do country girls love Dublin men so much?"

I asked a young married mother from Wexford this question once after a one night stand during her weekend "shopping trip" and she said it was the anonymity, the danger, the change from the norm.

Basically I think the city excites them. Probably why a lot of them move to Dublin or end up with Dublin fella's. Doesn't matter if they end up with fella's from their own townland, they can always come to Dublin for fun.

It's because we have bigger mickeys TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

OK everybody lets all be friends, we're all Irish after all!

I like everybody from all over Ireland*

*(Unless you're one of those Travellers)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Tbh, most towns in Ireland have an intense rivalry with at least one of the towns nearest them, to the degree that some people will get their heads kicked in on a night out in one town because they are 'from t'other town'.

There is no comprehending that type of idiocy.

lastlaugh wrote: »
    OK everybody lets all be friends, we're all Irish after all!

I like everybody from all over Ireland*

*(Unless you're one of those Travellers)

they think your a cúnt too I've just been told

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Looking at the thread title, isn't hate such a powerful word to use for such an unimportant issue? I've no problem with Dubs, I think they are great craic and sure my dad was a Dub. I've no time though for the D4 /West Brit type fcukwits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

they think your a cúnt too I've just been told

Meh, I can live with that.

So long as they clean up their Sh!te after them and move along, I don't really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

CorkMan wrote: »
    Neither do any Dubs, which is what this thread concerns, nobody cares about Cork.

Anyway, I live about 15 mins outside Galway so I suppose I'd be considered a 'culchie', but I love Dublin! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

You're not here.

13 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement