Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do culchies hate Dubs so much?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

hanner wrote: »
    All roads lead to out of Dublin.......that is all.

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    And speaking of factually-incorrect inclusivity, "Dublin and the provinces" is another pet hate of mine, considering Dublin is in Leinster.

The Met Eireann map of the country is ridiculous. Population does not determine the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Sure doesn't everyone hate the boss? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Chickaroo wrote: »
    YAWN......Its like groundhog day with this thread!!

Country folk will always have a dislike for the Jackeens, always have always will!!

Not that we care or anything, we are too busy enjoying having everything we need on the doorstep and not having to hitch a lift to the nearest shop 6 miles away off Paudi next door.........in his tractor!!!!

Of all the 'insults' 'stereotypes' 'pisstakes' 'generalisations' against Dubliners in this thread (and several others :rolleyes:) I find this one the only one that boils my pi$$ :mad:....and it was posted by a fellow Dub!!

In the pc world of today people say "the n word" when referring to derogatory terminology of African ethnics,I find 'the J word' as derogative to my fellow Dubs.

Most of the time you can excuse it coming from some gob$hite from the sticks as most of them havn't a clue what it means,which always gives me pleasure when I call them on it,the look of confusion and "shoite,daddy never told me that bit" expression is priceless,hating us comes from a long line of family tradition borne from fook all else to do of an evening.

The more hardline one's sign up for a career with 'd'guards' coz it gives them a life off the farm or out of their sleepy town with the added bonus of getting to 'baaate the shoite of some fookin Dub yokes" whilst getting paid.

But we must give credit where it's due,if it weren't for them,Iron Maiden,Led Zepplin,Bon Jovi et al would never have sold so many fookin t-shirts,they've kept leather biker jackets & skinny faded black jeans in vogue , and Converse (and all cheaper knock off versions) would have died out by 1985 :D

Keep smiling sure 'tis all just a bit'o craic lioke'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Of all the 'insults' 'stereotypes' 'pisstakes' 'generalisations' against Dubliners in this thread (and several others :rolleyes:) I find this one the only one that boils my pi$$ :mad:....and it was posted by a fellow Dub!!

In the pc world of today people say "the n word" when referring to derogatory terminology of African ethnics,I find 'the J word' as derogative to my fellow Dubs.

Most of the time you can excuse it coming from some gob$hite from the sticks as most of them havn't a clue what it means,which always gives me pleasure when I call them on it,the look of confusion and "shoite,daddy never told me that bit" expression is priceless,hating us comes from a long line of family tradition borne from fook all else to do of an evening.

The more hardline one's sign up for a career with 'd'guards' coz it gives them a life off the farm or out of their sleepy town with the added bonus of getting to 'baaate the shoite of some fookin Dub yokes" whilst getting paid.

But we must give credit where it's due,if it weren't for them,Iron Maiden,Led Zepplin,Bon Jovi et al would never have sold so many fookin t-shirts,they've kept leather biker jackets & skinny faded black jeans in vogue , and Converse (and all cheaper knock off versions) would have died out by 1985 :D

Sure you Jackeens have something in common with the Maiden - a love of the old Butcher's Apron.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

The Met Eireann map of the country is ridiculous. Population does not determine the weather.
    try telling that to a gang of Injun rain dancers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Well, yeah, but were it not for culchie Police who else would even try control the heroin Jackeen junkie which makes up 35% of the population?

The southside coke-heads loving skinny boys aint gonna do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

ha ha its laughable to hear all the country people say there's so many junkies in dublin. i did voluntary work with a soup run a few years back (i stopped after i realised i just hate junkies and they appreciate nothing), as a dub, i always thought all junkies where **** heads from dublin, what i learned was alot of them are from the country, loads from the midlands up here to use the "clinics". im not denying most were dubs but atleast 30 per cent are from the country...

and seeing as there is still plenty of junkballs living down the country, it would appear that there is a big drug problem plagueing all cities/towns in the country. and my experience with any town in culchie ireland is full of knackers in tracksuits standing around supermacs (artleast in dublin there a minority)

also our glorious planners in the corporation/government decided to put most of the drug clinics in dublin city centre , what a stupid idea, thats all tourists see.

i noticed a few people posting pictures of idealistic country villages etc.. but dublin has it all just look at the likes of the coastal places of howth, malahide, dalkey, clontarf, killiney, sutton, skerries, loughshinney, portmarnock etc.., the dublin moutains are just beautiful, the phoenix park is amazing. all the major museums are in dublin, fantastic transport system etc.. i m starting to think the culchies are just a little jealous, we have everything on our doorstep.

I LOVE DUBLIN

coastal places of howth, malahide, dalkey, clontarf, killiney, sutton, skerries, loughshinney, portmarnock etc.., the dublin moutains are just beautiful, the phoenix park is amazing. all the major museums are in dublin, fantastic transport system etc.. i m starting to think the culchies are just a little jealous, we have everything on our doorstep.

I LOVE DUBLIN

I hear ya bud. Dublin has it all provided you get the f*ck out to the outer suburbs as fast as humanly possible.

I hear ya.

off to bed so I can be honest - I love Dublin too, as a (born) culchie.. just mixing it up.

night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Christ on a bike! I just realised there are good points and bad points to every part of this country! :eek: Well I never...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Well the queen is coming so ye can reafirm yer nickname and wave a few union jack's at her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Do "culchies" hate me because I'm a Dub ? Jaysus, I thought it was because I can be an arsehole. I thought they hated me for the same reasons that Dubs hate me, or not.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

I must research this and read this thread, or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Do "culchies" hate me because I'm a Dub ? Jaysus, I thought it was because I can be an arsehole. I thought they hated me for the same reasons that Dubs hate me, or not.

I hate you because you're an arsehole and a dub :)

(and the smell)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

Becuase I've never managed to make it onto the Luas at Heuston without hearing "Got any spare chay-unge buuuuud....?".

Fúcking vagrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Jesus I didnt think the jackeens were such a sensitive lot. You'd have thought years of grinding poverty would toughen yous up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I Don't hate you :)

need a hug

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Jesus I didnt think the jackeens were such a sensitive lot. You'd have thought years of grinding poverty would toughen yous up a bit.

If I look so poverty-stricken then why the hell am I getting hustled for pocket-change the second I step out of the station? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

If I look so poverty-stricken then why the hell am I getting hustled for pocket-change the second I step out of the station? :confused:
    Where you from.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Thats the last time i buy something from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

d4's are irelands version of mtv hills just taught id throw that in.

ye get everything, government only looks after dublin.

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Where you from.

I've seen Take Me Out :P my place of birth is just a stick to beat a man with! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I love white people
    I mean I love black people

Ah ****, who knows anymore, Dubs, Crunchies....everyone's a rat!

....Hungry all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭overshoot

for me i the accent causes me to shiver the most, but there is a few others. to all those saying we have everything on our doorstep... how long does it take you to actually get there? for me glasnevin cemetary area to trinity... 15-20 mins thats what 4km. (of course in a car outside rush hour it will be faster-but by the time you park it, probably the same) il cover 20-30km in back home in that time

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Why do Dubs hate culchies so much? Meh, we all hate each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Oh and despite what people might think, i don't hate Dublin or Dublin people. I just prefer Carlow more.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

As a "culchie" living in Dublin, I love the place!
    But the only thing I don't like about Dublin is when some smug southside ****er(s) come to Sligo and act seriously patronising!
    I can even see a sort of imaginary dialogue in their heads,
    "Wowee! Is that how you sophisticated big city folk do things? We look up to you and are doing our best to impress you, but our small town culchie ways just don't seem to let that happen!"
    The same applies to English people as well, but the from my experience of English people, they're so polarised that they prob wouldn't dare communicate with the next street over some racial/class/gang reasons.

PS: The Script are a pile of ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

i think the terms dub and culchie are way to vague to make such an accusation

is a man from waterford city a culchie?

is a man living on a farm in the backarse of nowhere in county dublin a dub?

we're all irish and thats what matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

is a man from waterford city a culchie?

yep, iv been called a culchie a good few times even by 1 or 2 of me mates from dublin and it annoys the fuc* out of me to be honest because im far from a culchie.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

dj jarvis wrote: »
    FFS what do you want !!! tell ya what we will put in a luas and dart system in donegal for the 100 people that live in the place , lets put the country into more debt 2 please a small number or people
    dublin is the capital , has the most people , needs more infrastructure - if you want amenity's and public transport move to somewhere that has inhabitants ... its all about the numbers
    what capital city does not have the same ?

i have never treated someone from outside Dublin ANY differently that i would treat a dub - they are all Irish
    but
    i moved from Dublin down 2 the bog and i have come across a LARGE amount of clannish gossiping begrudgers ( the town im in anyway ) the " country folk " try sell themselves as happy go lucky sort of the earth
    but in reality its the same as Dublin - some are some are not

and last off , slagging the dub accent ??? come on lads have ya never listened 2 yourselves ?? i can understand German quicker than i can understand some Irish country accents

we are all Irish , gob****es and junkies are in ALL county's , Dublin just has more because more people live there - you boggers dont do maths well do ya ?

Yeah 100 people live in the whole county of Donegal. Are you stupid, ignorant or both?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement