Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do culchies hate Dubs so much?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Paracore wrote: »
    Yeah 100 people live in the whole county of Donegal. Are you stupid, ignorant or both?

have you ever heard of irony you idiot - i was being ironic
    no you are the ignorant one , a play on the fact that so little people live in that county , read all the posts before you start insulting people you gob****e
    IF YOU READ the ****ing post it was about public transport or the lack of it in donegal - and the poinrt that why would the government spend money putting a luas in donegal when virtually no one lives there , hence

really country cousins you should read the ****ing post , i was actually standing up for you tick muckka assholes

but that is just proving my point that **** and morons come from ALL parts of the country - well done you tit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I like people from all parts of the country. The ones i dont like are the fools in their GAA county jerseys going around. They're so proud of where they're from. Or the Ross O Carroll Kelly types in the Dubes and Leinster Jerseys.
    And people from Cork, why do you think Cork is "the real capital like"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

dj jarvis wrote: »
    no you are the ignorant one , a play on the fact that so little people live in that county , read all the posts before you start insulting people you gob****e
    IF YOU READ the ****ing post it was about public transport or the lack of it in donegal - and the poinrt that why would the government spend money putting a luas in donegal when virtually no one lives there , hence

really country cousins you should read the ****ing post , i was actually standing up for you tick muckka assholes

but that is just proving my point that **** and morons come from ALL parts of the country - well done you tit

The fact that you couldn't articulate your post without using so many expletives actually answers my original question. Thanks for clearing that up.

In fact Donegal is the tenth most populous county in Ireland after Dublin, so if you were looking for a county that 'so little people live in' Leitrim, Longford or Carlow would have been more relevant. Again, answering my original question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "irony". I believe you were actually being "facetious".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

super-rush wrote: »
    Oh and despite what people might think, i don't hate Dublin or Dublin people. I just prefer Carlow more.
    Thats just ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

*snip*
    we have it so you want it ???
    *snip*
    i was not speaking i was typing
    *snip*
    i was pointing out that gob****es and **** are from all county's

First, nobody suggested that Donegal get a luas/DART system set in place..ye used that example as hyperbole yourself. ;) second, yeah ikr. :rolleyes: and lastly, that's a fuckin' stupid generalisation to make, and the kind of attitude that's putting this country further and further down the hole. Chin up fella! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

jimpump wrote: »
    but i just cant understand the reason why, can any country folk explain?
    Dublin is like a large British city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭overshoot

"Dublin just has more because more people live there - you boggers dont do maths well do ya ?"
    how about your math, go to health, dublin have 4 of the big cancer services (i forget their fancy name for it) thats what one per 300,000? same population in donegal (150000), sligo(60000), leitrim(30000) and cavan (65000). there isnt one north of dublin/galway. so mayo, roscommon, longford, westmeath, meath, louth, and monaghan also do without. are you telling me that there isnt sufficent population to put one of those in somewhere like sligo, longford or navan?

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "irony". I believe you were actually being "facetious".

yea that was was what i meant , oh wait im being facetious

cop on the lot of ya , so your still seriously saying that donegal should have as much transport infrastructure as the capital ????
    not one of you have gave a reason why it should ??
    2 busy insulting me because you know there is no argument

because if you read the thread instead of jumping in you might have seen i was arguing against the country/dublin hate thing as the OP suggested ,
    but as i keep saying well done bumpkins you keep proving against my point , maybe our country cousins are just not that nice after all

now run off and stick the gob on your sistermother

i know how many people live in donegal and i know that A LOT more live in dublin - thats why we have choo choo tarins and running water
    get over it

First, nobody suggested that Donegal get a luas/DART system set in place..ye used that example as hyperbole yourself. ;) second, yeah ikr. :rolleyes: and lastly, that's a fuckin' stupid generalisation to make, and the kind of attitude that's putting this country further and further down the hole. Chin up fella! :D

read the poster i was responding 2 - he suggested dubs were spoiled little so and so's because we GOT EVERYTHING , hence the explanation about infrastructure and why there is more in dublin than donegal , thats all , nothing else , then the boggers of the light brigade came charging in with the insults - so i returned in kind - i was posting AGAINST the dub / country divide but as this thread has progressed i see the folly in my argument

bumpkins really do just hate dubs - and for no good reason other than we " GET EVERYTHING " as the enlightened genus from donegal pointed out
    bit sad really - enjoy your pointless prejudices against your fellow country man - because from this thread i think i just found a new one

have a nice weekend ladys

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind dj jarvis folks he's just angry because he's been shown up for the twat he is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Nolanger wrote: »
    Dublin is like a large British city.

Yawn - boring - go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭hatz7

I wouldn't mind dj jarvis folks he's just angry because he's been shown up for the twat he is

No, I don't think he is at all

I wrote a post earlier #144 and he seemed to agree with it, namely that there is no difference between the slagging between counties that goes on up in Dublin and outside of it.
    I do think that the topic has degenerated a bit since then, but this is AH ;)

But I will say again that I don't think that the Dublin V the rest thing is actually different from any other county.

It could easily be Cork V the rest, but Cork doesn't have a significant number of people from the 25 other counties living there.

It could easily be Galway V the rest, but Galway doesn't have a significant number of people from the 25 other counties living there.

It could easily be Limerick V the rest, but Limerick doesn't have a significant number of people from the 25 other counties living there.

Dublin HAS a significant amount of people living in the City, so there is just an awful lot of slagging going on, because as a people we have a very strong attachment to our county.

I still blame the gaa championships for it :D

Yawn - boring - go away.

Seriously I would heed his warning, he is a dangerous man after all... He nearly stood p for his girlfriend in a bar once :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

The dubs are like the english.

They reckon every year they will win sam (just like the english and the world cup), when they don't, they make lame excuses and talk about how they will win it next time (just like the english), they think they are better than everyone (like the english).

If Ireland was a dog, the dubs would be................ the fleas!!! :D

Seriously I would heed his warning, he is a dangerous man after all... He nearly stood p for his girlfriend in a bar once :cool:

Pfft - what by not getting into a fight with a gang of drunken ****kickers I'm somehow diminished? I guess that's the kind of thing you love to do; get drunk and start fights internet hard man?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

holuc wrote: »

They reckon every year they will win sam (just like the english and the world cup), when they don't, they make lame excuses and talk about how they will win it next time (just like the english), they think they are better than everyone (like the english).

Pretty shíte dog then if the Fleas are calling the shots.

holuc wrote: »

We don't reckon we'll win the Sam every year. Those that actually care, and given our fairly large population, not too many, don't think we'll win because we never do. It's actually people from outside Dublin who convince themselves of this fallacy, that is, that people in Dublin care about GAA. For the overwhelming majority, we don't. I do like GAA - and I personally think we've got a shot this year. We did well last year - probably should have done better but seem to be headed, finally, in the right direction.

But, according to your logic, that's a good enough reason to hate somebody.

Pfft - what by not getting into a fight with a gang of drunken ****kickers I'm somehow diminished? I guess that's the kind of thing you love to do; get drunk and start fights internet hard man?

Who mentioned a fight? You could just have told them to 'go away', like you did to that other poster. But wait you didn't have the veil of internet annonyminity in the bar.... AHHHHHH I see now... dangerous internet man :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

jimpump wrote: »
    nearly all my relatives and mates from down the country seem to hate everything about Dublin and its people!

not sure why, some say its an inferiority comlex....

but i just cant understand the reason why, can any country folk explain?

Shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Yis are always in such a rush....I've never seen people barge through so many people just to go into a shop two doors up.

Maybe it's the ****in awful accent.
    )

I always laugh at these lines. Dublin is a city with 1.2 million people. Of course there is going to be rush with some people that's what city life is like.

In relation to the accent, there are about 5 or 6 Dublin accents. You have normal Dublin accent, upper class (north & southside) working class (north & southside) etc. I always laugh when country people seem to think there is just one Dublin accent and that we all must sound like some skanger from Tallaght.

What i love about Dublin is the cultural diversity with the small Chinatown up in Parnell St. Okay sure we may have a bit of a problem with junkies etc but with over 1 million people in the place you're always bound to get that.

I love the great nightlife, it doesn't matter if its a Monday night or a Saturday night, you'll always find some place, you just don't get that in the country. There is also the great places to eat around South William St, Merrion Row etc.

If the city centre is too hectic for the country folk why don't you grab the Dart and take a short trip out to Howth, Malahide, Dalkey or Kiliney. These absolute beautiful towns are only 30 mins away.

Remember country people, Dublin isn't just O'Connell St & Abbey St with fellas in tracksuits walking around, get out and explore the place. Have a walk around South William St and pop into the cafes or take a wander down to Sandymount.

Dublin is a city with huge advantages but it also has it's problems, country people just can't seem to see these advantages.

http://chaddarnell.typepad.com/photos/dublin_marathon_2005/beautiful_dublin.jpg

http://blather.net/abroad/ireland/dublin/_MG_6180_hapenny_bridge_430.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

TheTwiz wrote: »
    What i love about Dublin is the cultural diversity with the small Chinatown up in Parnell St. Okay sure we may have a bit of a problem with junkies etc but with over 1 million people in the place you're always bound to get that.

There's cultural diversity everywhere in Ireland. To say it only happens in Dublin is rubbish. Where I am there's loads of polish, african, chinese, and indian stores, with a couple of restaurants that deal with home cooked food of those nations (they're not intended to be fine dining, but somewhere to get food like their mothers cooked.) That kind of thing couldn't be supported here if it wasn't for a diverse culture.
    I love the great nightlife, it doesn't matter if its a Monday night or a Saturday night, you'll always find some place, you just don't get that in the country.

Same again, you'll have your choice of busy pubs every day of the week. Be the rock bar, typical RnB club, normal late bar, club, theatre pub, whatever. Not as many as Dublin, but you're still going to find enough places with a good crowd to enjoy yourself any night of the week.
    There is also the great places to eat around South William St, Merrion Row etc.

Same again, loads of places to eat here, be it Italian, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Malayasian, Grill-style, American, whatever.
    If the city centre is too hectic for the country folk why don't you grab the Dart and take a short trip out to Howth, Malahide, Dalkey or Kiliney. These absolute beautiful towns are only 30 mins away.

Also, we're within easy reach of the sea and country here as well. We don't have the DART or Luas but that's because of the money that's pumped into Dublin, not that we don't need something like them.
    Dublin is a city with huge advantages but it also has it's problems, country people just can't seem to see these advantages.

And similarly, Dublin people can't seem to get past their weird little notion that we spend all our time in a field rolling tractor tyres down a hill.

What other towns would possibly have the demand for a Tram system or Dart? Galway and Kilkenny are too small. Cork is also too small

TheTwiz wrote: »
    What other towns would possibly have the demand for a Tram system or Dart? Galway and Kilkenny are too small. Cork is also too small

There was a feasibility study that said if the old railway bed between Carrigaline and Cork city was kept in basic nick and not had parts sold away, it would be viable to run a light-rail system on it. But the costs of rebuying the land and getting the railway bed up to standard would be prohibitive. Also the Greens conducted and proposed a tram between the city and the Bishopstown and Ballincollig area (pretty much continuous suburbia) but it was shot down as too costly to build, although it could easily support itself once established.

What is the population of Cork City?

100,000 under the purview of the City Council.
    150,000 more in the satelite towns immediately surrounding the city.
    150,000 more in the county in general.

Edit: It seems I'm wrong.

It's 120,000 in the city. With another 360,000 spread out between the other areas I described.

So the total population of Cork is 480,000, according to Wikipedia.

yea yea you keep telling yourself that - is that your piss poor attempt of a come back ?? LOL
    if i was looking for come back i would have wiped your ma's chin

Who mentioned a fight? You could just have told them to 'go away', like you did to that other poster. But wait you didn't have the veil of internet annonyminity in the bar.... AHHHHHH I see now... dangerous internet man rolleyes.gif

I mentioned a fight. Telling a bunch of drunken half-wits, who were already throwing themselves about the place, to go away would not have been a smart idea. There were seven or eight of them, four of us, and the other three were women. I just put myself in-between this particular guy and the GF and that put a stop to his gabbing. I'm sure if you were in my position, hard case, that you'd have showed them what's what. As for the other poster, he was a WUM - trying to add fuel to the fire - nothing more. Kind of like yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

Cant we just all get along? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

CorkMan wrote: »

Cos ye don't get this.

I cycled down that in '05....lot easier to go down than up:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement