Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do culchies hate Dubs so much?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

dj jarvis wrote: »
    *snip*
    i was posting AGAINST the dub / country divide but as this thread has progressed i see the folly in my argument
    *snip*
    bumpkins really do just hate dubs
    *snip*
    enjoy your pointless prejudices against your fellow country man - because from this thread i think i just found a new one
    -yeah man. What do you expect if ya just go in, insults blazin? Doesn't win many people over tbh.
    -you're right man. Some of them do. Mostly the one's that do are the inbred cnuts tho-either that or they've actually had bad experiences with Dubs. (shock horror! :eek:)
    -man I'm not prejudiced, I've never had a proper chat with a Dub in my life (and I've never been there), but jeez, chill man. I see where you're comin from but go a bit easier, ya might win a few more hearts 'n' minds that way yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

-yeah man. What do you expect if ya just go in, insults blazin? Doesn't win many people over tbh.
    -you're right man. Some of them do. Mostly the one's that do are the inbred cnuts tho-either that or they've actually had bad experiences with Dubs. (shock horror! :eek:)
    -man I'm not prejudiced, I've never had a proper chat with a Dub in my life (and I've never been there), but jeez, chill man. I see where you're comin from but go a bit easier, ya might win a few more hearts 'n' minds that way yeah?

i was and am chilled , but i did not start the insults and TBH when i was arguing AGAINST the dub/country divide i thought i was " winning hearts and minds " - throw stupid insulting comments at me and ill sling 'em right back

but glad 2 see you did see where i was TRYING to get at all along,
    that it is not where the people come from - idiots come from everywhere
    and some of the posters just proved that

to all non gob****es have a great weekend from a true blue dub :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

TheTwiz wrote: »
    What other towns would possibly have the demand for a Tram system or Dart? Galway and Kilkenny are too small. Cork is also too small

It's not that Cork is too small for a "DART".......it's a naming problem. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

As far as i know it's only snickers and kit-kats that don't like the dubs. . . . . . . Never heard it of crunchies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Paracore wrote: »
    Seriously I would heed his warning, he is a dangerous man after all... He nearly stood p for his girlfriend in a bar once :cool:

Don't all guys "stand p" ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

dj jarvis wrote: »
    yea yea you keep telling yourself that - is that your piss poor attempt of a come back ?? LOL
    if i was looking for come back i would have wiped your ma's chin

Wow that is quite the comeback. Which one of the American Pie's did you get that from? 1, 2 or 3? You're inarticulate posts are comeback enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I didn't think anyone really hated the dubs I thought it was just a bit of banter after reading the post on this thread I am not so sure :( anyway I think the dubs are lovely ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I thought all this was done and dusted when we started to get the imagants :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nmx009

it all goes to what school you go, im a dub but family roots in mayo , went to a community school , a lot of country folk go to christian brother schools and are more academically astute, even though dubs might have more regular job activities and a million ****in fas courses , let me tell you i would live in galway a lot quicker than dublin dublin is a social iceberg if your life twists out of the ordinary, eg have been abroad for a while etc , theres a class system in dublin that sucks those d4 ****ers can go **** a horse , but then again the biggest con man i ever met was a big house **** from tipperary who studied politics in ucd and looks like podge and rodge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

...I've nothing against ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

jimpump wrote: »
    ive seen better pictues from sarajevo and darfur!

Same here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

not this again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I don't hate Dublin people.

Dublin though is the centre of power and media and this affects the rest of the country. So you get this 'people up in Dublin' thing, but it is not the general Dublin people but a certain section of people associated with being in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Lets be honest here now .. 4 out of 5 people are pretty much idiots .. And 2 out of the 4 then compound the problem by being completely ignorant too ..

Now I'm from down the country but have lived/worked in Dublin before, the Dubs are no worse than the country folk. It's just with the population up their its hard to see the normal people in the fog of ignorance and stupidity. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PennyLane88

Its not the people i hate, as i have family there, but its the place itself - its a dive. I just think the city isnt as good as people make out, and there is no scenery there, just grey buildings.
    And any time im over there, i just see hoards of junkies passed out on statues and talking to themselves.

But im sure there are upsides to Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

i've nothing against travellers but dublin people always give the impression that they're travellers, or from that community, even their accents are difficult, if not impossible to understand. Could be i'm right, doe's anyone know the truth, it would be interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

spider_pig wrote: »
    not this again

To everything Turn Turn Turn
    There is a season Turn Turn Turn
    And a time to every purpose under heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

TheTwiz wrote: »
    What is the population of Cork City?

Populations in Ireland are a bit of a joke really with all the different councils and boundarys.

Lets take it step by step,

Dublin city is listed of havin a population of about 500,000. But we all know that the actually urban pop. of Dublin would be closer to 1.6 million.

Same as Cork, city is 120,000, but the boundaries havnt been changed in decades, the urban pop. of Cork is around 274,000.

Limerick city - 75000, urban - prob be around 140,000 as they have the same boundary issues as Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

i think most country dislike the d4 dub, skanger dub but don't have issues with the 'ordinary dub' if you know what i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm trying to introduce Scumbagville as a substitute for Dublin as Limerick already has Stab City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

Lived in Dublin for 8 years. loved it at the time, but last few years I got pissed off with it. I don't mind the dubs at all, same as anyone really, some nice places in Dublin and alot of not so nice places. I won't miss the scumbag element or the city centre. I found coming to the end of my time there I was craving some scenery and a bit of peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

biko wrote: »
    I'm trying to introduce Scumbagville as a substitute for Dublin as Limerick already has Stab City.

May as well add Crustieville or Buckfast City for yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

lamaiLived in Dublin for 8 years. loved it at the time, but last few years I got pissed off with it. I don't mind the dubs at all, same as anyone really, some nice places in Dublin and alot of not so nice places. I won't miss the scumbag element or the city centre. I found coming to the end of my time there I was craving some scenery and a bit of peace.
    i agree with you, even the likes of o'connell street is turning into a no go area with the amount of skangers, roma's floating around there during the day. it used be the case that after 8 or 9 at night , it would be best avoided. the problem is that for tourists and for people who don't know the city very well, it now means that they are in the thick of the 'action' before they even realise it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

headmaster wrote: »
    i've nothing against travellers but dublin people always give the impression that they're travellers, or from that community, even their accents are difficult, if not impossible to understand. Could be i'm right, doe's anyone know the truth, it would be interesting?

The Traveller accent is not similar to the Dublin accent, it sounds like a rougher version of the Limerick/ Mid West accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

The Dubs are a great bunch of lads. The only people from Dublin I've ever disliked are those who, for some unknown reason, have something against people from the country, as if Dubliners and non-Dubliners are actually different in any major way. But thankfully I've met very few of these people, although they do seem to be very well-represented on boards at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I love how people talk about 'The Dublin accent' as if there's only one accent in the whole city.

I love how people talk about 'The Dublin accent' as if there's only one accent in the whole city.

Thats a common generalisation. There is an Irish accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Yahew wrote: »
    Thats a common generalisation. There is an Irish accent.

There's many Irish accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

biko wrote: »

Jeepers, you seem to have a tremendous chip on your shoulder against Dublin.

Were you not allowed into Coppers one night or something?

Every town, big or small, has its good and bad points. Dublin is the biggest town on this country so it has more of both.

• Advertisement

There's many Irish accents.

And yet, people say there is an Irish accent. Living in England people ask me if I am from the North or The Republic. I wudda thought it obvious, but English people hear things differently.

ergo, there is a commonness to the Irish accent, as there is to the Dublin accent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement