Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I take it Australia has no silly laws regarding alcohol and Good Friday?

Options
  • 21-04-2011 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

I presume pubs/bottle shops will be open tomorrow? In general how much of a shutdown is Easter/Anzac day? Will shops be open all weekend or on vastly reduced hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭1c1a

I thought it was a complete shutdown tomorrow! Hope not would like to have a drink tomorrow night!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can't buy takeout anyway. Tried last year when I was in Kalbarri and couldn't get a drop.

Lesson learnt and this year I'm taking four crates away with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

I think it is different in every state. Nothing seems to open here in WA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

For anyone in Melbourne who is desperate, bloke in iga said the only place to get drink is a place in chapel street. Opens 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

What do you imagine would happen if you had to go without alcohol for 24 whole hours??:rolleyes:

daithi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

daithi1970 wrote: »
    What do you imagine would happen if you had to go without alcohol for 24 whole hours??:rolleyes:

daithi

It's a public holiday in Australia, not being able to have a drink in a pub on your day off :rolleyes: esp when a large amount of Australians are not Catholic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

From what i saw drink was not in short supply yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

Every bar i saw was open, yet Coles and Woolies etc were shut! Same with Easter Sunday. Thought that was strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,352 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Eoghan_2 wrote: »
    I presume pubs/bottle shops will be open tomorrow? In general how much of a shutdown is Easter/Anzac day? Will shops be open all weekend or on vastly reduced hours?
    One of the biggest days in the pub for aussies
    amybabes wrote: »
    Every bar i saw was open, yet Coles and Woolies etc were shut! Same with Easter Sunday. Thought that was strange!

most pubs didn't close, but most shops do

Advertisement