Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nephila jurassica

Options
  • 21-04-2011 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

I got this information from the BBC Teletext on TV, so it needs to be verified I think.

Nephila jurassica is the name given to a giant spider found in Inner Mongolia. It is the largest ever found with a leg span of 15 cm. It lived about 165 m.y.a. and was said to be in the group known as Golden Orb Weavers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I just found this link:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/04/20/jurassic_spider/

There seems to be a number of links to this if you google it, including a link to this post that I just made ROFL Could be going around in circles here methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So now the TV series Jurassica shares it's name with a spider...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Just read about this a few hours ago :D Awesome, love spiders! Now we need a giant tarantula to be found! :)

Indeed, where are all these twenty foot spiders that we see on sci fi films? They hide really well for such big beasties don't they?......

.... Goes out spider hunting with a big gun.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Pics of the spider capturing small dinosaurs didn´t waste time to appear :D

http://hodarinundu.deviantart.com/#/d3eme99

• Advertisement

Hellfire Adam. Some folks have strange imaginations. A spider that catches dino's. Looks like the artist is Japanese, makes me think that a manga version will soon appear.:(

Advertisement