Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New way to get to the aran Islands from the city

Options
  • 21-04-2011 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

Faherty tours have a new deal of 25euro return to the aran islands. This covers the return trip to the ferry on the bus, and the return trip on the ferry.

Seems like a great deal as the price for the return ferry is 25 per adult and 20 per student, then add on the 7 euro for the shuttle bus.

Leaves from the new bus station at 9.30

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

JJayoo wrote: »
    This covers the return trip to the ferry on the bus, and the return trip on the ferry.

then add on the 7 euro for the shuttle bus.

Leaves from the new bus station at 9.30

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe it has changed but I think more companies have that price?

http://www.aranislandferries.com/times_mor.php
    25 for ferry, 7 for bus return

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

When I saw there as a 'new way', I expected a submarine service or an airship

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

I got all worked up thinking the Metro was finally open to Aran :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Hotwheels wrote: »
    I got all worked up thinking the Metro was finally open to Aran :confused:

It is supposed to be a scheduled stop on the outer bypass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Boo, got all excited too thinking it was something new and unusual! It's not really a new way is it, bus and ferry??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I thought the ferries in the docks were going to stay on in Galway and operate from the docks :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As previous posters have said this is nothing new its the only way you can go to Aran by Bus/Ferry or drive out in your own car, Jez I got all excited about nothing does the poster work for the bus company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

OP means a new service to ferry that saves you 7 quid as opposed to new 'way'. Like when Citylink came out, they were a new 'way' to Dublin as opposed to BE. And technically I suppose it is a new way, if they leave from a different spot! ;)

*I thought for a minute too that there was a hispeed from the bay or summat! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Barrak

Head for Doolin instead & get return ferry for 10e.

New pier on the way soon too

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »
    When I saw there as a 'new way', I expected a submarine service or an airship

I was thinking a sea-going version of the Segway.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    ...this is nothing new its the only way you can go to Aran by Bus/Ferry or drive out in your own car.

I believe that Aer Arran Islands are still operating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Barrak wrote: »
    Head for Doolin instead & get return ferry for 10e.

New pier on the way soon too

Way harder for tourists/people without car, less sailings at the mo I think. But maybe that will improve with the new pier?

How do the trips compare timewise, figuring out both drives? I'd say Galway-Rosaveal is still faster, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

You can also get return trip on ferry and 1 night B&B for 50 euro. You can get it with the company that have the office on Forster Street opposite the Coach Station, beside the shop (Mace?).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Normally if you wanted to go out to the ferry you had to pay 7 euro for the shuttle bus and then 25 euro return for the ferry.

This bus will bring you out to the ferry and get your return trip from the aran islands for 25euro. Will save an adult 7 euro, think it will only save a student 2 euro. You would prob have to book before hand, or turn up fairly early as it could be busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jman99

We tried last weekend to get the Doolin Ferries boat, the "Happy Hooker" from Inis Mor to Inis Meain for a day trip. We were told that they wouldn't go due to "tides". There is a new pier in Inis Meain so this was a rubbish excuse and they were simply too lazy to make the trip. We spoke to the local travel agent and they are reporting some bad experiences with Doolin Ferries. We heard some other stories too. When we rang them we politely pointed out what occured and they were very rude and hung up. My advice would be to avoid anything to do with this outfit.

Advertisement