Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Botched Repeat; are my results from last year still valid?

• 21-04-2011 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

The title says it all: I dropped out of college to repeat our beloved Leaving Cert, and for a variety of reasons, I'm almost certain that I will not do any better this year. It's quite probable, in fact, that I will do worse.
    But.. I found a course that I got enough points for in my last sitting [CAO entry requirement was 245 points last year, and I got 315]. Will my results from last year count? Also, I got one HC3 grade the last time around; if I get two this time, will that invalidate all my points from last year?
    Slightly worried here. Thanks =]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The title says it all: I dropped out of college to repeat our beloved Leaving Cert, and for a variety of reasons, I'm almost certain that I will not do any better this year. It's quite probable, in fact, that I will do worse.
    But.. I found a course that I got enough points for in my last sitting [CAO entry requirement was 245 points last year, and I got 315]. Will my results from last year count? Also, I got one HC3 grade the last time around; if I get two this time, will that invalidate all my points from last year?
    Slightly worried here. Thanks =]

Your course requirements can count from any year , i.e. if you need a particular grade in a subject for entry to a course you can get it in any sitting of the LC. Points must come from one year, so if you got 315 last year and get 300 this year, last years points will count regardless of what grades you get this year once you have satisfied entry requirements to the course between the two sittings. However if you get 400 this year, it's this years points that will count.

Advertisement