Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get ice cream supplied for a shop

Options
  • 21-04-2011 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm looking to get both an ice cream freezer (for ice pops etc) and a soft ice cream machine for a shop.

Can anyone suggest the best ways to go about this? Contacts etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

The freezer is usually supplied by the brand (HB / Mars), so you need to contact them. The machine you can buy from catering machine suppliers or possibly a brand of liquid mix. Just key details in google.ie and info should come up

first up = http://dairyglen.ie/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

maxer68 wrote: »
    The freezer is usually supplied by the brand (HB / Mars), so you need to contact them. The machine you can buy from catering machine suppliers or possibly a brand of liquid mix. Just key details in google.ie and info should come up

first up = http://dairyglen.ie/index.html

Irish owned company - http://www.martinfoodequip.com/html/icecreamblizz.html
    http://www.martinfoodequip.com/html/icecreamgelato.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

bigneacy wrote: »

My recollection of these guys is that they're the priciest in the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Chevy RV

maxer68 wrote: »
    The freezer is usually supplied by the brand (HB / Mars), so you need to contact them.

For a cone machine , i would either keep an eye on the likes of Donedeal.ie or else rent one as they are very hard to justify the cash outlay given the past few summers that we have had.

The mix is very easy to source e.g. Dawn Dairies are countrywide.

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ia

Hi OP

Buying an ice cream machine can be expensive but certainly go for it. We put a carpigiani machine in about 11mths ago. The best decision we made in the shop.

We looked at all the options available and decided the carpigiani was the best machine on the markets Martin food equiptment are great to deal with and very. The initial investment is quiet high but trust me can be made back very quickly.

Buy of donedeal for something like an ice cream machine I wouldnt recommend there is no warrenty and these machines need to be serviced and well looked after. Services arent cheap either I would definitly say buy brand new.

I tried a few different mixes for the ice cream and my opinion is the angelito is the nicest and the customers are all very happy. It is one of 2 premium mixes available.

HB will supply a freezer as all ready mentioned and they deliver to the shop.

If you need any advice on the machine PM me

Ia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

DubTony wrote: »
    My recollection of these guys is that they're the priciest in the business.

Hi Tony
    if Martins are the most expensive , who would you recommend as a good reasonable supplier of both machine dispenser and product mix ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

No idea to be honest. It was quite a while back. The only mix I'd buy would be the best. Not a good idea to skimp on that. The good stuff pays for itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scoofie

Hi does anyone know if the angelito ice cream mix will work in taylor ice cream machines??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Does anyone know how much ice cream can be produced from one of these machines per hour? Does it freeze/ice creamify the mixture or do the ingredients have to be kept in a freezer. I basically want to know, would it be possible to make a homemade recipe on demand with fresh ingredients, throw the mix into the machine and have coneable ice cream within say 10/20 minutes of putting it into an empty machine, or adding to an already freezing mix if it was busy enough?

Advertisement