Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoei XR1100

• 21-04-2011 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Was looking closely at one of these http://www.shoei-europe.com/uk/products/XR-1100 I thought it looked the biz and fitted perfectly etc. I could see no reason not to buy one.

Anyone got one? Watcha think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

cantdecide wrote: »
    Was looking closely at one of these http://www.shoei-europe.com/uk/products/XR-1100 I thought it looked the biz and fitted perfectly etc. I could see no reason not to buy one.

i am dying for one - best price available is on thevisorshop.com website as far as I remember.... only thing that is going to bother me is the lack of drop down sun visor that I have with my caberg...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

That answers your question!

I have the XR-1000 and have never had an issue with it. Quiet, light, great field of vision and the Pin Lock works no problem!

Go for it

BTW Helmetcity are doing the XR-1100 Monolith for £250 at the moment. See here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Thanks guys. Been reading other reviews too and the concensus is that they're a bit noisey. That's not a deal breaker to me, though.

Noob question time :p With the pin-lock system, will my glasses still fog up inside the lid?

Thanks guys. Been reading other reviews too and the concensus is that they're a bit noisey. That's not a deal breaker to me, though.

Noob question time :p With the pin-lock system, will my glasses still fog up inside the lid?

yeah probably - it's only the visor that is protected from fogging...

I have the same issue... lifes a bitch.

the deals offering them for 200 pound & a free dark visor seem to be finished... must be because it is coming into biking season...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

jameshayes wrote: »
    yeah probably - it's only the visor that is protected from fogging...I have the same issue... lifes a bitch.

Do you do anything else to prevent your specs from fogging up? Does this or other stuff work on specs http://www.spankysparts.com/product2291.html ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Do you do anything else to prevent your specs from fogging up?

I use a foggy in my XR1000. Works perfectly.

I really have upgraditis for an XR1100 as my XR1000 is going to be 5 soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

As I posted before in the other thread, just spent the entire day trying on this very helmet in Crossans last week. It is absolute QUALITY!!!! But it did not fit my "CRUST" aswell as the Arai...just one of those things. But the price for the helmet is very very good. Hein Gericke have about 5 off them in stock but only the plain ones and the black one with the splash of paint on it. Crossans are a main dealer for BOTH Arai and Shoei and I would get it there instead the staff in HG are not great in my dealings there. Unless you know what you want and just get it. Be careful in Crossans the exchange rate they charge is a tad low :mad::mad: so put the money on an laser debit card and let the bank decide the rate...which is 99% of the time better then the shop.

The Arai Quantum has "BROW VENTS" which really are top notch helping with fogging of glasses and the chin vent can be angled to force air upwards too. But the Arai is €100 dearer then the Shoei XR1100.......either way both are fantastic lids.

Good luck

Advertisement