Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOE grinds

• 21-04-2011 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Does anybody know if theres any grinds taking place this saturday or the following week?
    Was unable to attend last week so was unable to find out.
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭soup1

nope none on

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Check this page. It tells you when there are no classes taking place: http://www.ioe.ie/parttime/evening-saturday.html
    go to the very bottom and it says classes will resume on the 6th of May...so to answer your question no grinds this week.

While we are on the topic of IOE grinds...are they any good? I was thinking of doing applied maths there in September. Do you find that they help you? or are they a waste of money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I do Maths and French and i've found them excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭noddy78779

Check this page. It tells you when there are no classes taking place: <a href="http://www.ioe.ie/parttime/evening-saturday.html&quot; target="_blank">http://www.ioe.ie/parttime/evening-saturday.html</a><br />
    go to the very bottom and it says classes will resume on the 6th of May...so to answer your question no grinds this week.<br />
    <br />
    While we are on the topic of IOE grinds...are they any good? I was thinking of doing applied maths there in September. Do you find that they help you? or are they a waste of money?
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks mate.<br />
    I have a friend who does applied maths grinds outside school in IOE and he says that theyre good. He took it up in 5th yr an this yr and he got something like 93% in his mocks. Then again he is excellent at maths and physics.<br />
    <br />
    I do maths with aidan roantree. I find it a big help as it has helped me understand sections like the circle and trigonometry etc a lot better. The notes are good and im using them for some maths study over easter.<br />

I believe that the classes are worth the money you pay as long as you do the work that goes with it. Then again the same can be said for any subject.<br />
    Hope that explains it for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

noddy78779 wrote: »
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks mate.<br />
    I have a friend who does applied maths grinds outside school in IOE and he says that theyre good. He took it up in 5th yr an this yr and he got something like 93% in his mocks. Then again he is excellent at maths and physics.<br />
    <br />
    I do maths with aidan roantree. I find it a big help as it has helped me understand sections like the circle and trigonometry etc a lot better. The notes are good and im using them for some maths study over easter.<br />

I believe that the classes are worth the money you pay as long as you do the work that goes with it. Then again the same can be said for any subject.<br />
    Hope that explains it for ya!

Thank you...that really helped! I think I will definitely do Applied Maths there for 5th and 6th year. My school doesn't teach it so its either that or teach myself and to be honest, I would prefer to have some sort of teacher to give me guidance with the subject. Good Luck with your exams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭noddy78779

Thank you...that really helped! I think I will definitely do Applied Maths there for 5th and 6th year. My school doesn't teach it so its either that or teach myself and to be honest, I would prefer to have some sort of teacher to give me guidance with the subject. Good Luck with your exams!

Thanks.. I'll need it :-)

Advertisement