Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mapsource?

Options
  • 21-04-2011 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

hi guys,im looking on some info on mapsource,i know nothing about it but i gather its software for the pc so that you can view your garmin maps and transfer waypoints and poi to the sat nav from the pc,I have a nuvi 1310 with uk and ireland maps and am thinking of upgrading to the full euro maps and would like to know is it a good tool and where and what version would be best for my system,regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You need to buy Trips and Waypoint Manager. This will give you MapSource and a very basic map of the world, you will then have the ability to upload waypoints and tracks (logs) from your GPS unit - not all of the road models support tracks but almost all of the outdoor (hiking) models like the eTrex series do.

If you have MapSource installed on the PC then the next time you upgrade the maps on your GPS unit using that PC it will give you a copy of the same maps on the PC, you can then view these maps and plan routes on the PC using the same maps that are on your GPS unit. This means that where possible you need to buy the map upgrade as a CD or download, not on a memory card.

Before you ask, you cannot use MapSource to upload a copy of the maps already installed on the GPS unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

Thanks for the info coylemj,its a bit clearer now,I will have a look at Trips and Waypoint Manager and might get that,thanks for the reply

Advertisement