Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT A JOKE.

Options
  • 21-04-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

My son had an account in bank of ireland, and because it was not active they closed it, i will live with that, so he goes and get his own appartment want to re-open his acc to pay bills, and the bank told him yesterday he has to pay 71euro to re-open the account, is this for real, the robbing bas***ds. did anyone else come across this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

simples, use another bank. I'd let BOI know thats what you're doing too

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

That is a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kieran1141

RedXIV wrote: »
    simples, use another bank. I'd let BOI know thats what you're doing too

this is what he is doing this morning, and may i add with no charge at tsb or aib, are BOI running away with themselves again, 30 years ago they would line you up like cattle in there and when you did get to the counter they would treat you like s**t, looks like were going back down that road, be ok if you had a few 100 grand in your account, more than likely you could skip the cue, like paying customers in the doctors surgery used to go first, have seen signs of this lately again, sorry for been broke and all that...

I have to go now, and do the poor mans shopping in aldi, thank god for aldi, mabey i got out the wrong side of the bed today, sick to the teeth of the government,banks and all the other bodies that run this country, this is going to be the s**t now for a long time,trying to scam the 71euro and the like of it out of the poor man, i dont mind paying for anything i am just sick of dealing with legal gangsters,making the rules up as they go alone. Thanks anyway. Thank god for the weather, beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

kieran1141 wrote: »
    My son had an account in bank of ireland, and because it was not active they closed it, i will live with that, so he goes and get his own appartment want to re-open his acc to pay bills, and the bank told him yesterday he has to pay 71euro to re-open the account, is this for real, the robbing bas***ds. did anyone else come across this.

Did they give a breakdown of the 71.00
    Perhaps when the account was closed he was overdrawn a small amount, and charges have been incurred, which they now want cleared.

Sounds a strange charge and a strange figure.

• Advertisement

martinn123 wrote: »
    Did they give a breakdown of the 71.00
    Perhaps when the account was closed he was overdrawn a small amount, and charges have been incurred, which they now want cleared.

Sounds a strange charge and a strange figure.

told him to get a breakdown in writing off them today as to what charges are for, sounds funny figure to me as well, it was just a savings acc and onely would have had 100-2 in it, so as for overdrawn they would not have allowed that, will post up reason for charges when i get them. Here we come Aldi yahuuuuu.

Advertisement