Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting my smartphone to a pc

Options
  • 21-04-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Since I got my new PC the usb driver that came with my phone (a Samsung GT-s5560) won't work .That is because Samsung won't release an upgrade for Windows 7 (64 bit).
    I work around this by uploading to the internet (Photobucket , for example and then downloading again to my PC. But I have a feeling that , apart from the extra trouble,and expense if I didn't have the free wi-fi, there may also be a loss in resolution (emails I sent this way were very poor quality but seemed much better on the phone).

Is there a better workaround short of a new phone or a (32-bit?) PC with XP installed?
    Something connected with bluetooth?
    A dongle?
    Nothing at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Photobucket does compress your images, a USB card reader might be the best solution, and dump all of your images (unaltered) in on go.

Advertisement