Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualcast V's Florabest

Options
  • 21-04-2011 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

I'm in the market for a new mower at the minute, and have a budget of €400 max.
    I'm looking for a self-powered petrol unit, with a 50+cm blade, mulching function, and a 60+ litre bag. The only engines I'd consider would be Briggs & Straton or Honda.

I've come across this Qualcast in Argos for €385. You get €30 back in vouchers too, so it'll stand me €355. This one seems to tick all the boxes (4 stroke B&S engine, self propelled, 56cm, 75 litre bag, mulch), but I don't know what Qualcast are like as a brand.

There's also a Florabest in my local Lidl for €370 (pdf attached). This has a 4-stroke B&S engine, self propelled, 51cm blade, 60 litre bag, and mulching function. It's more expensive and has a slightly lower spec than the Qualcast, but it does have a 3 year warranty as opposed to 2 with the Qualcast.
    Also heard that Florabest are made by Husqvarna, but dno't know how true that is!

To my eyes, the Qualcast seems a better buy. But I don't know much/anything about these brands (or lawnmowers in general) to make a definitive decision.

Any thoughts or recommendations guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I may be going blind, but i dont see the infor on the deck of the mower if its, alluminium,steel or plastic.

If it's steel, leave it in the shop

I bought a self drive mep mower 21inch alu deck with 6hp briggs for 466 wholesale - rrp 620.

Advertisement