Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Change WEP Key

• 21-04-2011 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi,

could some one please post me the steps needed to change my WEP please?
    Do I need to be connected to the router with a cable or can this be done using WiFi?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

greened wrote: »
    Hi,

Do I need to be connected to the router with a cable or can this be done using WiFi?

Thanks

You should be able to do it on wifi or cable, the process to change will depend on your router, after you logon to the router there will be a WIFI security or similar, there you can change the password, once you change it and save it you will need to reconnect and use the new password.

If u post make and model we can give you exact steps

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

greened wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

In general it is absolutely useless posting a question like this if you do not post the details of the equipment involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Heres the guide on how to do it with an Eircom netopia router
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055368633

Advertisement