Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PESKY CATS

• 21-04-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,havnt posted in this forum before,so am not sure if this is even the right place for my query.
    I have one of those Quick Up swimming pools for the kids.It has an inflatable ring on top which keeps the pool up. I also have 4 curious cats who like to jump up on it and as a result,puncture the ring with their claws.
    My query is,is there anything or any magic solution to keep them away from it?
    Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Hi,

You could get a tarpaulin cover for it, a heavy duty one perhaps. We covered our leather couches at night with it and no scratches got through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

PCros wrote: »
    Hi,

You could get a tarpaulin cover for it, a heavy duty one perhaps. We covered our leather couches at night with it and no scratches got through it.
    Cheers for the reply. Have considered this already,but reckon the weight of a heavy tarp would collapse the pool:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Chicken wire around it as a barrier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Get Off spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Sprinkle pepper or vinegar around it, apparently cats don't like the smell. Not sure if that is an old wives tale though but sure it might be worth a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Vicks is another think you could try -I used to put blobs on it on our gate to keep the cats out. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Use double sided tape or glue and attach pieces of rubber coating or similar so the claws can't penetrate?

Advertisement