Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Or What - 3DMark06

Options
  • 21-04-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'd appreciate some feedback on this one lads.

So I had the following, which scored 18492 on 3DMark06

Core i7 920 ( running at stock )
    Intel DX580 Motherboard
    3 x 1GB RAM running in triple channel
    2 x 4890 1GB ATI Cards running in Crossfire
    Windows 7 64bit

I recently upgraded and changed to

3 x 2GB RAM running in triple channel
    1 x Nvidia 570 1.2GB
    1 x Nvidia 9800GT ( running for physx only )

This new config only score 15212 in 3DMark06, with latest Nvidia drivers up to date ?!

Any comment or advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

maybe try disabling the 9800GT, you should be getting 21/22K with that 570

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Celtickiller

Tried that , still get the same score ?!

A friend suggest making sure the new RAM was running at 1600, I've done that now but still no budging the benchmark over 15.5K ?!

On 3D Mark 11 I'm scoring around about 4649

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

a 9800GT and a 570 seems like an odd combination for SLi.

If I learned one thing from gundam 00 it's that if you want to do that sort of thing right, both GPUs should be the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Overheal wrote: »
    a 9800GT and a 570 seems like an odd combination for SLi.

If I learned one thing from gundam 00 it's that if you want to do that sort of thing right, both GPUs should be the same thing.
    no the 9800GT is just set as the dedicated physx card, the 570 should handle everything graphically although i dont know why the score is crap.

OP, are you sure you have the 570 in the firstmost BLUE PCIE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

It could be down to the old ati drivers,doubtful but you never no.
    Try drive sweeper to see if any traces of then are left behind.
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-%28Setup%29_d1655.html

I would try 3d mark vantage also just to see if scores are low with that on the off chance its just 06 thats the problem.

THanks lads will try that now. Yes card is in the first slot.

Yes there was some residual AMD/ATI stuff going on, used drivesweeper and it just boosted the 3dmark06 to 16000.

I think the issue may be with my copy of 3DMARK06, I'm running Vantage at the moment in performance mode and according to the following I should score somewhere in the 21,000 region, the review below is based almost 100% on a rig similar to my own. ( i7 920, 6GB 1600MHZ, NVidia 570 )

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/NVIDIA_GeForce_GTX_570/5.html

Vantage scores are in and I'm at GPU of 21,337 and CPU 28092, combined 22702 so it looks like my system is performing all along.

Ah well at least I got my memory working at 1600MHZ in the process which I didn't realise I had to set in the BIOS

Thanks for all the help lads

Advertisement