Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sector Gear come apart

• 21-04-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭

I recently got a set of Deep Fire Titanium Gears.

I was doing some maintenance on my gearbox yesterday and found the sector gear came apart in three peices, top of gear, bottom and then the little bar that pulls the tappet plate back.

When i put them back together and jammed the arm back between the two they seemed pretty solid.

Should these not be welded together or does the little bar suppose to hold them together? Are these gears faulty?

Can put pics up later if people not sure what i am describing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Gear shat itself me thinks, throw up a pic so I can laugh have a better look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,752 ✭✭✭DeBurca

I would also like to see a photo and I promise not to laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

I put them back together and clamped in the tappet bar and it seems solid.

Ill find out over the next couple of days if it holds up. Ill post picks if it fails and i have to open up the gearbox again.

Advertisement