Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bohernabreena

Options
  • 21-04-2011 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Lads quick question. spent the guts of an hour looking for bohernabrenna toady. eventually found it. question is, do you always have to walk down the walk way to get to the resevoir? Good 1.5km walk, dont know if id be arsed doin that every time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Evac105

There are two entrances to the Lakes - one @ the upper lake which is all wild stock and, in my experience, quite hard to fish and one on the Bohernabreena road (which leads eventually to Blessington) for which it's possible to get a key if you're a member of the Dodder Anglers Assoc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

ah i see. thats the one I was in. Wheres the other entrance? I came down from the blessington side all the way down the bohernabrenna road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

the water level is incredibly low at the moment. never seen it like that before..i was able to walk through the middle of the lower lake at the weekend. also you guy's should see how low blessington lakes are..crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TadhgLahinch

HI all

Where is the access to the upper lake

and where do ye park your cars
    Car parking there seems difficult

Thanks

Tadhg

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Being fair parking @ the upper lake is between difficult and impossible depending on how many walkers are out. The easiest option is to obtain a key for the lower gate and then drive up to the parking about 75 yards past the lower lake dam and then walk the remaining distance. If you're a member of the relevant angling clubs (Dodder Anglers and Liffey Anglers I believe) you should be able to obtain details on getting a copy of the gate key from the club secretary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 b.w.ollie

the two clubs with fishing on bohernabreena are Dodder anglers & Dublin trout anglers (the corpo also issue permits too I believe) The keys are issued by the water keeper under strict rules and payment of a deposit (small) and can be withdrawn from the holder at any time (the rules are mostly common sense like obeying the speed limits, not wading etc. The problem was many years ago when the gates were open to all, groups were flying through it in cars,drinking, swimming in the lakes, leaving litter everywhere,subjecting their crap taste in ''music''on everyone and abusing anyone who objected, (the usual Irish behaviour) So access was stopped to motorists. The present system is the best that the clubs could get and is only an experiment at the moment. if you contact the Sec of the Dodder anglers or any of their members they will give you the name/number of the keeper (sound Guy) who is issuing the keys (its at his say who gets keys)

Advertisement