Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Connemara Spin Thread

Options
  • 21-04-2011 1:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

This thread is for motorists who are travelling out to Conamara for a 'spin' in the good weather between now and October :cool:

The motorist simply posts.

1. Heading out Clifden or Carraroe direction.
    2. The time of departure from Jurys Inn or Uni etc.
    3. The slots in the car.

Any Boardsie who wants to travel out simply PMs them. As a return bus to Oughterard or Carraroe normally costs around €10 a contribution of €2 towards petrol is offered when you get in the car.

Not asked for .....OFFERED! Non compliance entitles the motorist to post your boards id in here for future reference.

So the motorist gets some company , mini 'spot beers' are had hither and thither, people get to enjoy Conamara in the good weather and time and energy is saved..... way it is meant to be. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Great idea! Sitting in my office looking out at the sunshine wishing I was out in Connemara with my wee car!! Good luck to those of you who take this up.

OP-there's a thread I started last year about places to go in County Galway for spins and picnics; was really handy looking for new routes and secret places out by the sea/by a lake.. I'll have a look when I get a chance, might be of use to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Taking off into the wilds in a car with people you don't know off the Internet... What could possibly go wrong?:)

It sounds pretty good though I must admit. God I do miss connemara.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

You might want to bump up that two quid asking price, you'd spend a lot more than that on the petrol during the trip. Fill up before hand, and afterward, and split the cost of the petrol, and even then the passenger is getting a good deal, not having to do the driving, provide car, or pay for insurance or tax or servicing etc.

It's a nice idea, but I don't know many that'd effectively pay to let others enjoy the countryside. Cynical? Maybe, but I'd say others could feel the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

This thread is for people who are going ANYWAY and have space ....not for people who need to organise a tank to go. Start your own thread for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

wet-paint wrote: »
    You might want to bump up that two quid asking price, you'd spend a lot more than that on the petrol during the trip. Fill up before hand, and afterward, and split the cost of the petrol, and even then the passenger is getting a good deal, not having to do the driving, provide car, or pay for insurance or tax or servicing etc.

It's a nice idea, but I don't know many that'd effectively pay to let others enjoy the countryside. Cynical? Maybe, but I'd say others could feel the same.

People can still thumb in and out, and do, for no cost. I think it's just a gesture more than anything, and makes it not like a service and more like an exchange. Obviously it's discretionary, but I'd usually offer someone a pint or a sandwich if they gave me a lift, and if I could afford it (sometimes not in College days!). That'd sometimes cost more than a bus, but again, it's just a nice way to do things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement