Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for June

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

The only way one can be sure to succeed in English poetry is to simply prepare the 5 poets you enjoy the most. That's the only way you can be guaranteed at least 1 that you've prepared will come up. Viva la revolution! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Examvillage, sorry am a twit for leaving that part out. Did a few worthwhile lessons there myself. Freebies are always good though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 cork 111

any tips for home ec..dont know where to start,prob the only subject,i havent a clue :(..:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Learning the female poets would be handy, one of them has to come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

marko93 wrote: »
    Learning the female poets would be handy, one of them has to come up.

Why does one of them have to come up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Why are people putting so much on 2-3 poets? Just learn the 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

I think Boland will come up but the question is going to be horrible.
    Wordsworth hasn't come up before and as far as i know Hopkins is new to the course. then after that i'd choose dickinson and frost. but really its easy enough to learn 5 poets, you can even have your 5th one as a real back up and just learn a few quotes.

also just learn two out of theme/issue, vision & viewpoint and cultural context.

know a good few hamlet quotes, hamlet is what you should be most worried about, is you know the character of hamlet inside out you should be able to cover a question on him but i can't promise you!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

also my business teacher was at some meeting where they discuss the papers and he said he thinks that the last unit all the EU stuff will feature heavily cos every year its the one unit people leave out, the questions on it are meant to be a bit easier too.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

HISTORY???????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

NotExactly wrote: »
    Why does one of them have to come up?
    Should of really said according to my teacher one of them has to come up..
    From what I believe, it would cause up-roar if at least one didnt.
    I could be totally wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

marko93 wrote: »
    Should of really said according to my teacher one of them has to come up..
    From what I believe, it would cause up-roar if at least one didnt.
    I could be totally wrong.

Well you're teacher is wrong. Yeah it would cause up roar but that doesn't mean one has to come up. Only thing i'm sure of is that four poets will come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    English;
    • Boland,
    • Dickinson,
    • Frost,
    • Wordsworth.
    Do 6 completely different essays for paper1 now & you'll be nearly garaunteed to be able to work one of them in!
    Economics;
    Imperfect competition(50-60 marks) with a small role for perfect competition(15-25marks).
    Oligopoly is always thought to be coming up has been tipped since 2008, if it comes up will likely be an independent (75 mark)question. Oligopoly wouldn't be a great topic to mix with imperfect aswell.I'd agree with the NAMA, IMF, CENSUS assumption one of them is likely to come up.

Geography;
    • Waterfall.
    • Karst landscape.
    • Human interaction rock cycle.
    • either igneous or sedimentary rock formation.
    • Secondary activities europe.
    • Primary activities ireland.
    • Culture sub/continental.
    • Migration.
    Business;
    Expect Management to dominate paper, just make sure you know units 3,4 & 5 exceptionally well & it's easy to get a B. If you're trying to push for an A i'd recommend covering unit 6 well too.
    Short Questions; Just do the last 12 years then make sure you know the institutions of the EU.

Defo in English at least two of those will come up! I know its stupid to make predictions after what happened last year but at the same time they don;t repeat the exact same stuff every year so those poets are the best four to concentrate on in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Why are people putting so much on 2-3 poets? Just learn the 5/6.

Because some people don't have the time to and I personally would get too God damn confused if I had to cram 5/6 poets in the next month! Of course it's the ideal thing to learn at least 5 poets but there's a difference between that which is the ideal thing to do and that which is more realistic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

sarah. wrote: »
    Because some people don't have the time to and I personally would get too God damn confused if I had to cram 5/6 poets in the next month! Of course it's the ideal thing to learn at least 5 poets but there's a difference between that which is the ideal thing to do and that which is more realistic!

No, it's the difference between being lazy and being intelligent/active.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

For Applied Maths I predict...

Q1 - Q3 are usually pretty generic.

Q4 will probably be a pulley question and then a pulley with multiple masses.

Q5 will be fairly standard. Always is.

Q6 For this I imagine a mass/spring system, vertical circular motion question

Q7 I see this being a simple rod/ladder against a wall, considering what they threw up the last two years.

Q8 Probably a rod question.

Q9 Possibly the type with weighing a mass in one substance and calculating it's weight in another substance of given density, or a u-tube.

Q10 - Generic.

Then again, I could be completely wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Volcanoes for Geography for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Gumbi wrote: »
    No, it's the difference between being lazy and being intelligent/active.

Not necessarily lazy, in fairness. In my case, I'm just a terrible procrastinator, and I panic a lot, so I'm gonna pick 3 poets and go with them. That says nothing about my intelligence.

And, realistically, how many people do you know actually studied 5/6 poets?? I know none. And I'm certain that the vast majority of my friends won't study all 5 we covered in class.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Not necessarily lazy, in fairness. In my case, I'm just a terrible procrastinator, and I panic a lot, so I'm gonna pick 3 poets and go with them. That says nothing about my intelligence.

And, realistically, how many people do you know actually studied 5/6 poets?? I know none. And I'm certain that the vast majority of my friends won't study all 5 we covered in class.

Rant over.

Agreed.

I knew 1 poet very well, and had a good knowledge of 2 others. I was lucky and got 2 poets I knew.

I just found learning english difficult.

I was hardly lazy considering I did 40 years of exam papers in Applied Maths and got 99% in the LC...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Agreed.

I knew 1 poet very well, and had a good knowledge of 2 others. I was lucky and got 2 poets I knew.

I just found learning english difficult.

I was hardly lazy considering I did 40 years of exam papers in Applied Maths and got 99% in the LC...

:eek: Fair play!!

However, I have to thank Gumbi for one thing...I have another motivating reason to get 500 points, and come back in August and show him how lazy and unintelligent I am then:P

Cheers!

Advertisement