Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Various phase exam papers (combined thread)

Options
  • 30-04-2010 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was wondering would any of you guys out there have any past papers for phase 4 Electrical?

Thanks in advance...:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dnally

Does anybody have or know where I can get past exam papers for Electrical phase 6 exams..

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

alright fellas.

im looking to help out a chap i know who has to repaet an exam in phase 2.T1 it is.im trying to give him some sort of a dig out.

is there anyone on here or anywhere out there that where he could gethold of previous exams papers?

Ta in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

i think i might have some, ill check later on but dunno when ill get to scan them in

m.j.w wrote: »
    i think i might have some, ill check later on but dunno when ill get to scan them in

thanks mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

cant wait til this fella is working in peoples houses:)

seannash wrote: »
    cant wait til this fella is working in peoples houses:)

funny fella you are.the chap has learning difficulties.

aflib wrote: »
    funny fella you are.the chap has learning difficulties.
    To be honest that shouldnt matter,That sort of reasoning wont stand if someones house burns down from faulty wiring.

People should be able to pass these exams on there own steam
    My brothers apprentice had to sit his exams 4 times before he passed them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

thought it was 3 strikes and your out???????? fail an exam 3 times and thats the end of it???????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

You can ask FAS for a 4th and final effort,up to them whether you get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

seannash wrote: »
    To be honest that shouldnt matter,That sort of reasoning wont stand if someones house burns down from faulty wiring.

People should be able to pass these exams on there own steam
    My brothers apprentice had to sit his exams 4 times before he passed them

so you think because the guy has a learning disability he cant become a confident electrician ?
    what if he was dyslexic or suffered from dyspraxia , and had a problem getting the answers out !
    i have helped many people that had problems like this , and there is certainly nothing wrong with there logic or thinking and normally have an very high iq . . your obviously one of theirs people that never got any thing wrong or had difficulty working something out !!
    or please enlighten me why you think they would burn someones house down !

SHAME ON YOU !

steifanc wrote: »
    so you think because the guy has a learning disability he cant become a confident electrician ?
    what if he was dyslexic or suffered from dyspraxia , and had a problem getting the answers out !
    i have helped many people that had problems like this , and there is certainly nothing wrong with there logic or thinking and normally have an very high iq . . your obviously one of theirs people that never got any thing wrong or had difficulty working something out !!
    or please enlighten me why you think they would burn someones house down !

SHAME ON YOU !
    Eh No thats not what i said at all.
    Bad wiring is a potential fire hazard,pretty simple to understand

These exams are in place to make sure people are competent at what they do,nothing else.the exams dont discriminate so NOONE should get an unfair advantage.They should pass due to having the knowlege to pass

Its got absolutely nothing got to do with him having learning difficulties and to be honest I have absolutely no reason to feel shame.

I simply would not want anyone who isnt capable of passing there exams in my house wiring my house.
    what if he was dyslexic or suffered from dyspraxia , and had a problem getting the answers out
    Do the examiners adjust the questions for anyone who suffers from these conditions?
    No they dont
    The exam is an equal measuring stick.
    I have not once stated that his learning difficulties mean he is less capable,other people have suggested thats what i meant

But yeah,your the knight in shining armour,strolling in to stand up for the downtrodden.
    Everyone give this guy a hand:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

you implied that a persons with a learning disability would engage in bad wiring practice , resulting in someones house burning down .

the exams are the same for everyone , but the exam conditions can be changed to help people with difficulty's if awarded by the examination body .
    Ive seen students sit in a room on there own with an examiner and have the paper dictated to them , or instead of writing there paper they spoke there answers into a tape recorder ,

you implied that a persons with a learning disability would engage in bad wiring practice , resulting in someones house burning down .
    Did I,I stated that it shouldnt matter that the fella has learning difficulties
    the exams are the same for everyone , but the exam conditions can be changed to help people with difficulty's if awarded by the examination body .
    Ive seen students sit in a room on there own with an examiner and have the paper dictated to them , or instead of writing there paper they spoke there answers into a tape recorder
    So maybe this is the approach this person should take

Think you jumped the gun with the SHAME ON YOU comment aswell.
    Your trying to make this into some moral wrong doing on my part which if you read bak on my post i suggest absolutely nothing about the incapability of anyone with learning difficulties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tony Grant

he can google it and find an irish course online. no bother.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement