Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with alphanumeric sender of SMS on iphone

• 21-04-2011 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

Ok hard to explain.

i've an account with an SMS provider, in my job, whereby we can allow customers to send SMS to their colleagues with details of meetings etc. The SMS itself is to have our company name as the Sender, however as our company name has alphanumeric characters it's not handling the non numeric characters well at all on just the iPhone.

I've tried it on my own phone (LG) and it's receiving fine, coming in as being from the name of the company - Numbers and characters reading fine. but tried it on an iPhone 3 and 4 and for both it's displaying the letters as their number pad equivalent. as in the letter M is displayed as 6, J as 5 and so on.

I've searched, and the only solutions I can find seem to be to download something on your iPhone, but as this is going to customers phones this is obviously not feasible.

Said I'd ask you guys to see if anyone knows some way to fix it. perhaps with URL encoding ....? thanks :)

Advertisement