Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Altitude Dundalk

Options
  • 21-04-2011 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

I saw that this got planning approval and is now like to go forward to an oral hearing with Bord Pleanala.

Just wondering what people's views are on it as I know many ambivalent like myself and then many against and some for it.

The ones for mention the jobs for the area etc. The ones against suggest the road network could be clogged as a result etc. and that for people living in Dowdallshill it could be like being close to croker etc.

Just looking for the views on it?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Once access is only from the bypass and signage for it only refers to the junction at Ballymac then I can't imagine much in the way of traffic issues.

It'd be amazing if it gets the go-ahead. I don't see it happening but one can hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I'd love to see it happening. Not much to attract tourists to Dundalk at the minute, hopefully it will help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Any development will help the town. I can't see any reason to not be in favour of it. That said, there were idiots who objected to the retail outlet and the private hospital, so I'll not be surprised if they raise their heads again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Any development will help the town. I can't see any reason to not be in favour of it. That said, there were idiots who objected to the retail outlet and the private hospital, so I'll not be surprised if they raise their heads again.

Sure they went around door to door last year collecting signatures for people who were 'against it'. The majority of people who signed it either didn't know what they were signing, were given incorrect or grossly misleading information on why to oppose it or (worst of all) were told they were objecting to something else completely.

They were trying to tell people that if they were allowed to build it, that the point road, the quay and the red barns road would be in danger of flooding, which was, of course, total bull.

There are some people out there who are willing to jeopardize this town's success and future for their own greedy purposes and its more than likely the first person/group of people who jumped to mind.

Advertisement