Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres

Options
  • 21-04-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Where do you buy yours?

Just looking for a cheap(ish) place to get the back two tyres on the car replaced as the thread is fast disappearing and wondering where the best value is to be found?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Got mine in Quinns in Carraroe, accross from the NCT centre. But got qoutes for Reagens (spelling) in Rathcormic. Some places on Pearce Rd, Ballast Quay, and another place in Carraroe. Sorry cant remember all the names.

I just asked for tyres, quotes were from €50 up to €65 per corner. Premium tyres you were looking at possible an extra €10-20+ per corner.

Edit...

Should add, some of those prices could be for what are known as Budget Tyres, as one of them did mention Budget Tyres in their quote, and all those prices were for a small car. Might be more depending on what you drive.

When I got mine in Quinns, cost €58 per corner including balancing. Asked were they Budget tyres (didn't want that type myself) (think they usally come in Budget, Ecomomy, Premium), and was told no. Just to add, Quinns will dispose of your old ones, but for a small charge.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Thanks for that, went to Cleveragh tyres just there, had to get one immediately as will be doing a bit of driving over the weekend and it cost €60 but he changed 2 of the tyres around so the newest were on the front and the oldest on the back so they would wear evenly which was pretty sound of him. Really need to get the tracking done on it.

Thanks for that, went to Cleveragh tyres just there, had to get one immediately as will be doing a bit of driving over the weekend and it cost €60 but he changed 2 of the tyres around so the newest were on the front and the oldest on the back so they would wear evenly which was pretty sound of him. Really need to get the tracking done on it.

That would be the usual depending on the wear. Take the oldest/most worn off and dispose, swap them for the exsisting ones on the car and put the new ones in their place.

Get the tracking done as well as does cause uneven wear. Did you get one or two? Usally its two or all four you get done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

irish-stew wrote: »

Get the tracking done as well as does cause uneven wear. Did you get one or two? Usally its two or all four you get done.

Only got one today, will get the rest done nearer to when they are really needed! Defo gonna get the tracking done next week though as they wear out unevenly. Only passed the NCT 2 months ago too so I thought they would have been grand but hey ho that's tyres for ya!

Only got one today, will get the rest done nearer to when they are really needed! Defo gonna get the tracking done next week though as they wear out unevenly. Only passed the NCT 2 months ago too so I thought they would have been grand but hey ho that's tyres for ya!

The NCT is only for what the car is like on the day. Before I put mine through thought the tracking might have needed work and was not 100% on the tyres. Both passed.

A week after mine passed the NCT one of the front coils snapped, decided just to get the service and tracking done when getting the coil replaced, and he adviced me on the tyres then, suggesting to get them done in a few weeks.

Cars, they cost a friggin fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

It cost me €150 for a tyre and brake pad (singular) a few weeks ago, on a small boring car. Other three tyres are farked too.

I'm getting a bike.

It cost me €150 for a tyre and brake pad (singular) a few weeks ago, on a small boring car. Other three tyres are farked too.

I'm getting a bike.

That was a mad price Tequila, was it a premium tyre or part of a service? I got 2 pads, 2 disks, tracking, and my coil spring done for that a few weeks ago.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

If it has tits or wheels it will give you heartache!

Advertisement