Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why are computers gone so slow in college?

Options
  • 21-04-2011 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Is it just all being used now? i get only ten mins max now on any comp, library or venus, with 2 or 3 tabs open, just read files, and the computer goes into a hissy fit and i spend another 15 mins waiting for another page to load. :mad: .. well i don't wait anymore, i just walk away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Same as myself, take an age to load, worst part is when you have to turn on the computer and the level of updates you have to go through before you can use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

i had to go through 3 PC's on wednesday before i could find one that actually worked at an acceptable yet punishing speed. it then took 8min to open a .doc file, but only after word stopped responding 3 times and i had to open word in safe mode.
    it also decided to print out said document twice (@12 pages its quite annoying/costly)
    and WTF is up with a minimum topup of €10 for your printer account. **** sake im broke enough thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    and WTF is up with a minimum topup of €10 for your printer account. **** sake im broke enough thanks.

if you go to the print room you can top it up by what ever amount you want to

Advertisement