Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone in swords - now !! 3.30pm 21st april

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I was there just over an hour ago and had my camera in the car too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

20 mins away, I think I'l pass.

/note to self, buy something longer than 105mm....

(I thought I replied to this already?)

Was nowhere near the place, but love the thread! Would be great to have a sub-forum or such where we could get threads on "happening now" stuff for us boardsies.

Subscribe to the forum for instant updates. Would make PCPhoto dread going near his boards inbox though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Heard it was mental down there today, nobody get any pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I had a message posted on the NDC (North Dublin County) Forum - but it was removed by a MOD and I received an infraction because of a "breach of forum charter"

apparently I was touting my business :rolleyes::rolleyes:

best part is ..... the infraction came AFTER I reported the MODs post telling me not to post in the thread again (which I take as a threat)

my original post was saying that if anyone is in the area and has pics and wants to send them to the national papers I can facilitate it and gave my email address (I also linked the recent thread started by Stcstc which is exactly the same thing....a bomb scare)

I stated on the thread that I was not looking for money just to facilitate people who have images and want to send them out.....it would have taken a couple of hours of my life for the benefit of others but thats what I was offering.

I have asked the MOD to explain how I was touting my business - my business is not taking images from members of the public and sending them to the papers (which is what I was offering) ...so how was I touting my business??

I also asked the MOD if he/she can honestly say that the infraction is as a result of me reporting his/her post which I consider a threat - lets face it, if a MOD tells you not to post in the thread again you are left with very little options,
    if you ask on the thread "why" - you are already breaking the threat made by the MOD and they infract you, if you are offended by the MODs demand not to post in the thread and report the post ....they infract you...its a loose loose situation.

This is not acceptable and a certain MOD is officially off my christmas card list !!! (I wonder if other people offering to help some random boardsie on a thread are infracted in the same manner and for the same reason)

RULES ARE RULES !! ...if someone is clearly touting a business fair enough infract/ban them...... if someone is offering help to other boardsies and not charging for it then surely a MOD should not delete the post.
    (apologies for the venting ...am pi$$ed off at the attitude of "some people")

EDIT: KKV - my inbox is almost full at the moment, I'd have to give Boards money subscribe if they made a forum for latest news events

as a result of the MOD deleting my post I did not receive any images in my email account and did not facilitate anyone in the area with images..... unfortunately ! .... am more disappointed by the attitude of the MOD because I simply cant understand how its a breach of the forum charter.... my job is not sending images from random people to the national papers so I'm not touting my business !! - which is what I was accused of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

sounds like a misunderstanding on the mods part, maybe in future you'd need to just link to thread in photography where the details are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I can only guess as GT has said that it was a misunderstanding- though a crappy one at that. Outside of the photo forum PCP no-one else is likely to know what a decent auld sod you are.

Keep asking the question and hopefully the infraction will be overturned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

The timing of an infraction shouldn't have been in respect of you reporting the moderators post although may have all the appearances of such. From personal experience, a moderator may be dealing with a number of things and revert to a particular issue after a period. Nothing wrong with that only it can lead to a wrong impression being presented. That's not suggesting it was or wasn't as a result of the reported post but just to introduce a plausible alternative.

If aggrieved, you would be welcome to open a thread in the dispute resolution forum, and put your case. In dispute resolution, the CMod of the forum (not me - phew!) deals with the issue and will invite input from the moderator or yourself if its required. They form an opinion (mightn't necessarily agree with you - or the moderator for that matter) but at least you get the benefit of a second look at the issue. If not satisfied with the CMods interpretation then an Admin can be invited to take a look and post a final opinion on the matter. Probably best for follow up to post there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Hill_billy (or should that be silly_billy) made a mistake and you should take him up on it.

Advertisement