Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with new Kayak? Down South

Options
  • 21-04-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I'm the proud owner of a nifty sit of top kayak and my buddy has one but I'm not rly sure what to do now.

Can you just jump in the water anywhere and drive on or what?

I was thinking of going to Kinsale and parking up. Putting them in there and going around the harbour to look at the forts and maybe pull into the dock on the bullman pub for a bite. Is that all cool? or like will the water police arrest me for not having a day pass or something?

Anyone know of where I could get maps of routes to go sightseeing or something on this thing?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Kinsale is fine for Sit on top kayaking. I used to work there for 4 years and was always out on the water.
    The Bulman can get crazy busy during the summer plus its not always gonna be easy to launch there at low springs tides. But it is on the cork side to not as far to get there.

The dock beach (behide the dock bar) is the ideal place to go really, nice gradually sloping beach and also far from the tidal stream and the shipping lane.

During the summer the coast guard will be out and about checking people have the right life jackets etc

Advertisement