Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap outdoor gear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Mac2010

Thanks for the link. will def have a look in store. dry duffle bag looks allright.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Mac2010 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. will def have a look in store. dry duffle bag looks allright.:D

My own take on Lidl gear is that it's usually crap, but when it's not, it makes up for all the rest. I hear the pneumatic tools they were selling not long ago were first rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Aldi also got some hiking gear in yesterday, here's the link; http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week16Thursday11.htm
    I can definitely recommend the Kendel Mint cake!

I got one of those dry bags form Lidl last year and it has been great!:)

I wouldn't bother with the LED torches, i got ones from Aldi before and the LED's stopped working after a very short usage!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

ya thinking ill grab some of them dry bags, very good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Mac2010

keenan110 wrote: »
    Aldi also got some hiking gear in yesterday, here's the link; http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week16Thursday11.htm
    I can definitely recommend the Kendel Mint cake!
    !

are they gonna sell those until next week or was it just for yesterday?

im just too busy to have a look in store.

:D

• Advertisement

they will keep em around a few days to try and sell them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

I grabbed the soft shell jacket and socks from Thursday. Happy with both of them.

I wonder about the sleeping bags and tents. Would be wary of something that important.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Morpork wrote: »

I wonder about the sleeping bags and tents. Would be wary of something that important.

One of my friends uses a 3 man tent from Aldi (think it was about €50 at the time) and it has been flawless to date. It has been through many heavy rain falls and stayed completely dry.

keenan110 wrote: »
    One of my friends uses a 3 man tent from Aldi (think it was about €50 at the time) and it has been flawless to date. It has been through many heavy rain falls and stayed completely dry.

Thanks Keenan. I think I will pick up a tent tomorrow. I'm not an avid camper, but my girlfriend is coming to Ireland and we want to travel around, so this could be very handy to have. Now I just need to choose between Aldi's and Lidl's offerings!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭sean_d

Has anyone any experience with the Lidl 2man pop-up tent as a cheap option for a bit of fair-weather camping?
    The material looks ok in the flesh, but I'm wary of the zip/door placement, looks like a great place for a leak.

IE_61116_01_b.jpg

• Advertisement

I bought that tent on Monday and I tested it with a watering can to simulate a heavy rain fall. The zips are protected by a cover, but there was leakage.
    It may have been that the watering can was too much water too quick, so I'm going to leave it out in the rain when we get some to test it further before using it.

I'm not sure if they have any left at this point though! There were only two left on Monday morning and when I went back the next day for a second sleeping bag there were none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TentCrasher

Plenty of cheap camping gear in Homestore & More. Gas cooker €15 Gas €9 Fold up chairs €8 and lots more. Might do someone starting off.
    Sorry i dont have link

not to sure about them tents, however if you looking for a place to get good tents at a fair price check out - http://www.omearacamping.com/
    these lads where sound to talk to and gave me a real good price on a tent.

Advertisement