Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change my emobile number during contract

Options
  • 21-04-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi all ,
    Just wondering would it be possible to do this? I signed up to emobile a few months ago for 18 months and got a good deal , but lately i notice where i live the mobile reception is getting worse , even outdoors.Now i want to go back to vodafone or 3 and bring my number with me .I however dont want to cancel the emobile contract , just get a new number for it .Is this possible or is my number stuck with emobile????
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to eircom (eMobile)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭castletrader

Could someone tell me what it would cost to cancel the contract with emobile??The reception is terrible.Thanks:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

It depends on what contract your on you will have to pay for the remainder of the contract.

So if u have a few months left with them they will make you pay the rest of them months sorry:(

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Hi all ,
    Just wondering would it be possible to do this? I signed up to emobile a few months ago for 18 months and got a good deal , but lately i notice where i live the mobile reception is getting worse , even outdoors.Now i want to go back to vodafone or 3 and bring my number with me .I however dont want to cancel the emobile contract , just get a new number for it .Is this possible or is my number stuck with emobile????
    Thanks.
    Could someone tell me what it would cost to cancel the contract with emobile??The reception is terrible.Thanks:eek:

Hi Casteltrader,

Sorry to hear about the above.

Have you raised this issue previously with our technical team? This will need to be fully investigated.

As regards cancellation, it is usually calculated as being the amount of months remaining x the minimum monthly commitment.

Thanks,

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭castletrader

Steve , Hi ,can i not get a new number with my emobile contract and serve out the remainder of the contract with the new number and then be allowed to bring my usual number to another mobile company where at least i wont be missing calls.Like i know i cant leave emobile, just want to bring my usual number to a company where i know i get good service .

• Advertisement

Steve , Hi ,can i not get a new number with my emobile contract and serve out the remainder of the contract with the new number and then be allowed to bring my usual number to another mobile company where at least i wont be missing calls.Like i know i cant leave emobile, just want to bring my usual number to a company where i know i get good service .

Hi Castletrader,

I'll have to check this out but as far as I am aware you can't do this. If you would like to let me know the issues you experiencing I'll be more than happy to help you out.

-Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ilikegalway

Hi. How soon can I cancel e.mobile contract. I only had It for 20 days to date

Hi. How soon can I cancel e.mobile contract. I only had It for 20 days to date

Hi There,

It'll depend on what sort of contract you have.

You can cancel your contract any time you like however the may be cancellation fees applied depending on the terms of the contract. You can give our customer care team on 1901 and they can process this for you if you like.

However if there is anything further I can help you with please just let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

Advertisement