Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playground scum.

• 21-04-2011 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

its gotten to the stage now where you cant even take your kid to the playground because its dangerous.
    beautiful sunny days for the last few days and where does your 4 yr old mostly want to go?the playground.so i brought him.it was packed but thats good lots of kids and some he even knows.
    all is good in the world.

until this bunch of dumb scumbags come in.ages ranging from 9 to 12 maybe a little older(theres always one or two bigger ones with them, apes i think they are called).it says no bikes they bring in their bikes, it says no footballs they bring in the footballs(and a massive field beside the playground to boot).

im no prude but the language out of them.im sorry but its just something i dont want my 4 year old hearing.w***er, c**t, bo***x, co*****er.its just not funny and all the younger kids and happy families are looking on in shock.
    the most frustrating thing is you cant do a thing about it you just have to look away.thats normally what i do.
    but not this time i told them to take the bikes outside and if they didnt id call the cops.they didnt so i did.
    cops came had a chat with them and they pissed off calling me every name under the sun.
    they just ruin everything for everyone else and as usual i blame the parents.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Its not their fault, they don't have any facilities or places to go like playgrounds and pitches..........wait:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I have seen this myself sometimes but I think the park ranger should sort this out. He could easily throw them out.

I left the park a couple of times in town because of this. The ranger in shelbourne park is great he keeps an eye on the playground out there but i suppose the peoples park is bigger and he cant be around all the time in fairness.

I love the parks especially on dry days kids love them and there has never been so many of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Fair play to the OP for actually doing something about this. Makes a refreshing change to the rants which we usually see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Great to see the Guards turning up, fair play to them. Kids using bad language and acting like scummers is not a priority for them (even though it would be for the likes of OP).

I was out walking the other day minding my own business and 3 young scobes made some smart remarks and throwing jibes. I had headphones in but the batteries had gone so they probably thought I couldn't hear. Honestly some of these wánksocks can't just leave well enough alone. Someday I'll take the baseball bat out and consequences be damned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

maryk123 wrote: »
    I have seen this myself sometimes but I think the park ranger should sort this out. He could easily throw them out.

I left the park a couple of times in town because of this. The ranger in shelbourne park is great he keeps an eye on the playground out there but i suppose the peoples park is bigger and he cant be around all the time in fairness.

I love the parks especially on dry days kids love them and there has never been so many of them.

To be honest it is hard on the ranger/rangers in the peoples park.

Was it not just last year when a park worker stopped some little thug that was around the 10 to 12 age group from causing trouble and told him to leave the park, only for that kid to come back with either an air rifle or air gun to try and take a shot at the park ranger.

Calling the Gardai is probably the only way to get anything done there, and fair play for doing so as many would not have done that, but it really is a disgrace that a lovely amenity like that park can be spoiled by utter scum, the same type of scum that certian folk will bend over backwards to make excuses for.

• Advertisement

wow didnt know that kids went into the park ranger with an air rifle.

maryk123 wrote: »
    wow didnt know that kids went into the park ranger with an air rifle.

Was in the papers and on the radio news after it happened. Will see if I can find it online for you.

Found it.

I was wrong in what I thought happened. The kid had the gun with him from the start.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/boy-threatens--to-shoot-park-ranger-in-packed-playground-1894927.html

Boy threatens to shoot park ranger in packed playground

By Barry Duggan

Thursday September 24 2009

A PLAYGROUND in Limerick had to be temporarily closed after a child armed with a pellet gun threatened to shoot a park ranger.

The young boy, who witnesses believe was no more than 11 years old, was pointing the pellet gun at children in the People's Park playground in Limerick city when he was approached by a park ranger.

When cornered by the ranger, the child pulled the pellet gun from his pocket and pointed it at the park employee and threatened him: "I'll blow your f**king head off."

The frightening incident happened last Friday evening when around 30 parents and children were in the city playground. The child ran from the park shouting that he would come back with his father to sort out the ranger.

Many children who saw the episode were left in tears and rangers on duty decided to close the playground for an hour.

Limerick City Council in turn reported the matter to gardai who are investigating.

One father who was in the playground with his child and witnessed the incident said the pellet gun resembled a revolver.

"It was not like the long ones we had when we were young. He was going around like he was John Wayne," the shocked parent said.

"After the young fellow pointed the gun at one of the children, their father ran after him and caught him. He then hid the gun in his pocket. The rangers ran over and were fantastic. They handled the situation well.

"The kid then pulled the gun out of his pocket and pointed it at one of the rangers," he said.

"He stood back like a young fellow who was well schooled -- he leaned forward and had the stance and said 'I'll blow your f**king head off'. He could have taken the ranger's eye out.

"There was an eerie feeling in the park afterwards so the rangers closed the playground and ushered the parents and children home," he added.

- Barry Duggan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Kess73 wrote: »
    Found it.

I was wrong in what I thought happened. The kid had the gun with him from the start.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/boy-threatens--to-shoot-park-ranger-in-packed-playground-1894927.html

Boy threatens to shoot park ranger in packed playground

By Barry Duggan

Thursday September 24 2009

A PLAYGROUND in Limerick had to be temporarily closed after a child armed with a pellet gun threatened to shoot a park ranger.

The young boy, who witnesses believe was no more than 11 years old, was pointing the pellet gun at children in the People's Park playground in Limerick city when he was approached by a park ranger.

When cornered by the ranger, the child pulled the pellet gun from his pocket and pointed it at the park employee and threatened him: "I'll blow your f**king head off."

The frightening incident happened last Friday evening when around 30 parents and children were in the city playground. The child ran from the park shouting that he would come back with his father to sort out the ranger.

Many children who saw the episode were left in tears and rangers on duty decided to close the playground for an hour.

Limerick City Council in turn reported the matter to gardai who are investigating.

One father who was in the playground with his child and witnessed the incident said the pellet gun resembled a revolver.

"It was not like the long ones we had when we were young. He was going around like he was John Wayne," the shocked parent said.

"After the young fellow pointed the gun at one of the children, their father ran after him and caught him. He then hid the gun in his pocket. The rangers ran over and were fantastic. They handled the situation well.

"The kid then pulled the gun out of his pocket and pointed it at one of the rangers," he said.

"He stood back like a young fellow who was well schooled -- he leaned forward and had the stance and said 'I'll blow your f**king head off'. He could have taken the ranger's eye out.

"There was an eerie feeling in the park afterwards so the rangers closed the playground and ushered the parents and children home," he added.

- Barry Duggan

Post natal abortion is the only answer for little scumbags like this. Wipe them out of the gene pool before they grow up to be proper scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

its not even the scumbags thats the only problem, up in castletroy park they have a skateboard park beside the kids playground which is a great idea but sometimes the older kids from the skateboard park come into the kids playground and can be acting like apes, there is a sign up for under 12 only but these teenagers take over the big swing to the left as you walk in, they even had a water fight there and had no regard for the smaller kids, i supppose they didnt pull out a gun or anything but its just annoying

• Advertisement

well after reading about the park ranger above I wouldnt blame them for not getting involved. That is a disgrace.

Advertisement