Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with access ? Any idea

Options
  • 21-04-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am unmarried father and got guardianship from court of three children .
    I have been granted access of children by court , but I didn't set time frame that what days and time I will go t see them . It was mutually done bt us to choose any time which suits both of us . But now my ex is giving me only time to see them when I am working . What can I do ? My next court date is 24 June in family court . In the meanwhile how can access my children .
    2ndly I need copy of children passport for some reason . She refused me to give it to me. Any idea how can I force her to give me copy of their passport ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭rolly1

What is the application for in June?

You can write to her specifying a time and date at which you wish access to take place, clarifying that the times she has discussed with you are your working hours in which access cannot take place. Request that she responds to your letter/email within a set number of days. If posting a letter, register it and keep a copy. If emailing BCC it to someone you know as a way of legally ensuring sending of same. Keep everything in writing, do not telephone.

If there is no response go to your local garda station with a copy of your court order and a copy of your unanswered correspondence. Get them to stamp your court order to confirm that she is acting in breach of your court order. Do this same procedure the following week and in the third week make a separate application to court for her breach of court order. Insist, through your solicitor, that this application be fast- tracked as it is a breach of court order. Emergency applications can be turned around in a matter of days with the right solicitor, otherwise this can drag on for months.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Go back to court and set times and days. Your court order is vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

You could simply seek a variation of the access order and request that it be set for the same date. If asked why by the judge simply state that the current loose agreement is not working, that the mother is uncooperative, and produce a diary listing all the times she's blocked your access or offered access when you're working.

Sorry to hear that it's gotten this bad OP. Best of luck.

Advertisement