Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a specific type of build

Options
  • 21-04-2011 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

im building a type of htpc, but i need the following:

a motherboard that has:

1. hdmi out (with audio)
    2. loads of possibility of adding storage, that is, the maximum storage capacity the board can sustain (im thinking of putting up to 6-8tb hard disks in it, - 2tb x 4 hard disks as im putting all my videos on it.
    3. video integrated to output the video and audio through the hdmi.
    4. woul have been great to have either bluetooth or infrared, but not necessary at all as ill be using a windows media remote.

it doesnt matter if its amd or intel.

wifi on board would be a plus. has to be gigabit ethernet, and the quieter the rig will be, the better, so not too huge a processor needed. itll be on nearly 24/7, so low power consumption would be great.

i dont really have a budget for it, so cheaper the better anyway.

ill need ram to go with it, possibly a cpu. apart from that i already have hdd's, dvdrw, casing (With 10 hdd slots in the casing already available).

thanks for the input!

Comments

Advertisement