Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Certification Transcript Changes

Options
  • 21-04-2011 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

Microsoft are introducing inactive dates on Microsoft Certification Transcripts from June this year, so people who have an MCSA: Security in Windows Server 2003 will have the words "Inactive" above their accreditation (see below)

5367.New_2D00_Transcript_2D00_3_2D00_19_2D00_2011.jpg

This is an absolutely ridiculous idea from Microsoft and cheapens their certs even more in my opinion and will probably making it more difficult for job seekers with older qualifications.

More info here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Coming from a world of Cisco certs where they expire every 2-3 years, I think this is a good move.

I know a good few people who purely started their Microsoft certificates at MCSE level and not the new MCITP because the MCSE never expired. Not because they wanted to learn the 2003 products first.

It's now 2011 and they're expiring exams based on 2003 products.

They want people to move up to MCITP where exams expire every few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Raekwon wrote: »
    This is an absolutely ridiculous idea from Microsoft and cheapens their certs even more in my opinion and will probably making it more difficult for job seekers with older qualifications.

If Microsoft won't support X, why should Joe Soap, Sys Admin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Raekwon wrote: »

TBH, everyone and his friend seems to have one anyway!
    They don't hold ANY value - I have most of them (unfortunately)

Advertisement