Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Loomis and Van Williams Leave Nevermore

• 21-04-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

This sucks.

http://www.metalinsider.net/splits/nevermore-parts-ways-with-jeff-loomis-and-van-williams
    “In a mutual decision Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have decided to leave Nevermore. The time has come to pursue our own paths from the group. Due to internal struggles and ongoing issues within the band, we feel it is our time to move on. We would like to thank all of our fans around the world for their years of love, support and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision but a very necessary one at this point, may we all meet again someday, somewhere in time.”

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Look at a reunion in ten years after their solo projects burn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

I think Loomis plays better by himself anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I have to ask, did anybody even know that Nevermore released an album last year? Judging by this thread, it seems people just aren't interested in Nevermore anymore. The Obsidian Conspiracy is their first album since This Godless Endeavor, which was released 5 years before and as far as I could tell their latest album made not even a ripple. Did anybody here even know they released an album last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Numina wrote: »
    I have to ask, did anybody even know that Nevermore released an album last year? Judging by this thread, it seems people just aren't interested in Nevermore anymore. The Obsidian Conspiracy is their first album since This Godless Endeavor, which was released 5 years before and as far as I could tell their latest album made not even a ripple. Did anybody here even know they released an album last year?

It's a shame but that seems to be exactly the problem.I think with the release of their newest effort,some old fans felt that they were getting too comfortable as they prefer their heavier stuff.

I used to be a fan a while ago and I remember getting a recommendation to check it out.Glad I did as I thought, The Obsidian Conspiracy ,was one of the best albums of last year.The lyrics are some of Warrel Dane's darkest yet and Loomis killed with his guitar work.I heard they were deadly live as well and would of definately checked them out.

They're just not to everyones taste I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

WTF?! What a load of ****e news.

Have to admit that as much as i wanted to like The Obsidian Conspiracy i just could not get into it. I think maybe they compromised with each other to make the album(Warrel wanting a sound closer to his crappy solo effort & Loomis maybe wanting to stick to the traditional Nevermore sound) & it just created sh*t that didnt relsolve itself. I'm happy at least i got to see them in London last year.

Their 6 albums up until Obsidian will always be metal masterpieces to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

Who knows, maybe we'll get a Sanctuary reunion of sorts out of this.

Advertisement