Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email notification of new replies

Options
  • 21-04-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. In "Default Thread Subscription Mode" my setting is 'no email notification', yet I still receive emails everytime someone replies to a thread I am subscribed to or following. Why is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

So, is 5 days a generally accepted waiting time for an answer in help desk? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

sorry about the delay on this Aidric.

While you may have the default behaviour set to not receive notifications this doesnt mean you'll never receive notifications. It just means you wont receive notifications UNLESS you specifically state that you want them. You specifically state that you want them by subscribing to follow a thread, as far as I can tell, following a forum doesnt send emails. (for example, I am following 8 forums and 1 thread, I only receive email notification of new posts in the thread, not the 8 forums). If you dont have this set then you receive email notification for any thread that you have posted to which, after a few years could lead to a lot of email.

To turn off notifications from a thread that you are following go to your user control panel, click on the link under the subscribed threads labelled "view all my threads" tick the box beside the ones you dont want to receive notification of and then select "no email notification" from the "update subscription options" section of the drop down in the bottom right.

Advertisement